Moving boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving boards

I want to setup a new board on a different server with 2.0 beta 3 and move all the posts and members etc from my old board. Is this possible? I will create all the same forums. The old board was an earlier version 1....
    www.footyforums.net

Make a backup of your existing database and import it on the server. That should bring all posts, members, etc. back.
    Marc James
    Sports Central — Beyond the Scores
    Sports Central Message Boards

Comment

Just upgrade your current board to beta 3 then do the move.
      You can find full instrucitons in the Server Config forum, look for a Sticky thread started by Me2Be.

Comment

thats not a bad idea, but all of the code has been buggered around with (ie. titles wont work) and I would cosider it a 'cleanup' to start a fresh.

Or is there a good reason not to do this?
        help appreciated
        www.footyforums.net

Comment

in other words it would really help me to set up a new board, which I haven't yet done myself. In case anyone thinks I am wanting to do it this way just because I want to hide that I am illegal or something, please feel free to check my account, the board active is at the address below.

In other words... I want to set up a new board (beta 3) and move all the members into the appropriate forums (I will create the same ones), and all posts.

If I did just update the current one, would it get rid of the hacks etc?
          Last edited by Centenary Gas; Sat 10 Mar '01, 1:34pm.
          www.footyforums.net

Comment

It would get rid of the hacks (because you're replacing the PHP files). However, and this is important, it will not overwrite your settings, your user titles, your avatars, etc. etc. etc., including your templates! So if the user titles & templates are messed up, upgrading would not help that; it would only get rid of / fix any changes you've made to the actual PHP files.

Comment

OK

Obviously moving my members shouldnt be a problem, but when I move posts will they all go into one forum>?
              www.footyforums.net

Comment

No. If you upgrade to beta 3, then backup your entire database, and follow Me2Be's instructions, everything will come back in exactly the right place.

Comment

'No. If you upgrade to beta 3, then backup your entire database, and follow Me2Be's instructions, everything will come back in exactly the right place.'

no i meant if i move boards
                  www.footyforums.net

Comment

That's what I meant too. Let me rephrase: If you upgrade to beta 3, then backup your database, and follow Me2Be's instructions for moving your board, everything will be fine.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X