Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GRRRRRRR! Having trouble moving bulletin board!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GRRRRRRR! Having trouble moving bulletin board!

OK, I need some help here .... I am moving to a faster server and trying to move the BB over to the new site. I downloaded the Database files and moved them over to the proper directory, and the BB comes up fine, looks correct, all the users are apparently there, and all the threads are there. The problem is when I try to login to any part of the BB, whether the admin page ot public pages, it will log me in until I click a link .... then it tells me that I need to login again.

LOgin again, then click "find user" .... tells me I need to log in again ...
    Login, click on "user CP" .... tells me I need to login again .....

Any help here?

I am desperate!

Version I am running is vBulletin Version 2.3.2

Curtis M

Is this a different domain? Did you have a cookie domain and path setting in the Admin CP?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Yes it is a different domain .... we registered the ".net" counterpart for our site to make the transition easier for our users. That way our site would experience no down time.

Yes I did provide a path for the cookies in the admin Cp ... which table can this path be found in so that I can edit it manually?

Thanks for the help!

Curtis M

Comment

Run this query:

SELECT * FROM template WHERE title='options'

Locate the appropriate variable in this format:

$varname = 'value';

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

OK that solved my problem ... Appreciate the help.

Any chance you might know why all my users lost most of their "total posts" count in the move? For example, I had over 1800 total posts, and now it shows that I have 135. I have over 3700 users on my board and they are already starting to complain about losing their numbers. any help would be appreciated.

Curtis M

Comment

What kind of a move was this? If this was the same database and it was backed up and restore correctly then there is no reason for any of the data to have changed like this.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X