Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbie wants to upgrade

i've some questions about vb 2.0

i haven't upgraded my 1.1.5 version of vbuelltin to any newer beta version of it – but I think I’ll try the beta 3 version soon.

Because of that, I’ve some questions:
    What would change ?
    Will any datas (postings, user-registrations…etc.) be destroyed ?
    Will I’ve to install new german-templates ?
    I read something about that moderators will get more power, is this right ? (Will I have to be afraid of that, that any moderator could destroy something ?)
    Do you work on a good (and easy to unterstand) documentation (installation, handling) for the final release of vb 2.0 ?
    I’ve read on the board that a german version of vb is in work and should be released in the first period of 2001 – is this right ?
    Is there any opportunity to disable the "Attach file" function ? Because i don't want that my user will do this (i don't have endless webspace...)

Hmm…I’m sure that I had many other questions but I’ can’t remember them…

as u know now, I’m not a native speaker – it seems I’m not able to speak (write) english at all (but: to read english stuff is okay), so please forgive me for my bad english L

thank you,

I can answer you a few questions and some comments.

Do not fear upgrading. As long as you make backup of current database, you have nothing to lose.

None of data is gonna be lost while upgrading. Of course, if hacks are installed, it's now different matter.

Make backup of template also.That way you can redo the template quickly even if the template get all changed.

Moderator is always moderator. They will not ever gain some serious power over the board.( I think )

There should be a complete documentation for final version of vb2.0 series.

I think Vb 2.0 beta has a few weeks to go.

Comment

thank you for answer...

i was a little afraid of losing any data...

i read somewhere that vbuelltin recommend that a backup will made by a tool with the name phpMyAdmin.

I've downloaded it, but i asked myself how this tool work and if it will still work, when the bulletin board is installed on the servers from my isp and not on my local host ?

Comment

actuallly, the prefered way is via telnet, that is the best way

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X