X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shining Arcanine
    replied
    Originally posted by aibrahim
    One of the members in my board is annoying. I deleted one of his posts and he got mad saying that my board was not democratic
    Of course it is not democratic, it is your board therefore it is a dictatorship.

Leave a comment:

• Odysseus
    replied
    I deleted one of his posts and he got mad saying that my board was not democratic (Yeah right its a music website whats he doing making racial slurs).

You should make sure in your forum rules that the forum is not a political system like a state and hence political systems cannot be applied - neither democracy nor monarchy. A forum is a moderated discussion group, nothing else.

Anyway, he made a post complaining about me and my ride or die members shut him down in the debate. The thread or post that he made (i.e. the topic was was originated by him) disappeared.

Just let discussions like that opened. If your members are confident with you as admin, they will defend you. Nothing destroys the argumentation of critics better tahn positive feedback from other members in the same thread.

My question is, how did a a normal registered user DELETE HIS OWN post?

Apparently, this is enabled for the "registered" usergroup on your forums.

I also want to mention that sometimes I get the following email from vbulletin (something related to max users handled by SQL).
    You need to contact your hoster for this.
    If you have a dedicated server, open the /etc/my.cnf file and increase the "max_connections" variable to ~150% of its current value. If it's not defined at all, set it to 150. (max_connections = 150). Restart the MySQL service after that.

Leave a comment:

• mholtum
    replied
    You must have "Delete Own Posts" enabled for registered users.

Leave a comment:

• aibrahim
    started a topic Am I getting Hacked?

Am I getting Hacked?

I am having a couple of issues reklating my board (http://www.omdur.com/board running Vbulletin version 3):

1) One of the members in my board is annoying. I deleted one of his posts and he got mad saying that my board was not democratic (Yeah right its a music website whats he doing making racial slurs). Anyway, he made a post complaining about me and my ride or die members shut him down in the debate. The thread or post that he made (i.e. the topic was was originated by him) disappeared. I got a phone call from a friend telling me that the topic has disapperead. The thread or topic no longer shows under my forum. SO I logged in as an admin and I found the missing post and it had a message next to it saying that it was DELETED by that annoying member. My question is, how did a a normal registered user DELETE HIS OWN post? (by the way his reputation level was a 10).

2) The second issue relates to my board link. Some users and it happens with me to whenever I try to access the board I get the Page cannot be displayed error? What is going on, I also want to mention that sometimes I get the following email from vbulletin (something related to max users handled by SQL).

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X