Time Zone Problem with beta 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time Zone Problem with beta 3

Upgraded to beta3 from UBB 5.47a and everything went smooth except the timezones ; I set the server as CT ( GMT-6) but all the imported threads have a different time ; they are like 12/14 hours ahead so when new posts are posted, they end up being on page 3/4.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong ? I had beta2 installed a few weeks back with no timezone problems.

Originally posted by Fazle
    Upgraded to beta3 from UBB 5.47a and everything went smooth except the timezones ; I set the server as CT ( GMT-6) but all the imported threads have a different time ; they are like 12/14 hours ahead so when new posts are posted, they end up being on page 3/4.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong ? I had beta2 installed a few weeks back with no timezone problems.
    Do you think cross-posting will help you or anyone else ?

Comment

Originally posted by Sven

Do you think cross-posting will help you or anyone else ?

huh ? whats cross posting ?

are a lot of peole having the same problems ?

Comment

To post one and the same topic into three different forums within minutes.

I'm not a moderator here (but admin of our boards) but I know this here as a very helpful one, it's absolutely sufficient to have this question posted in the adequate forum once and that's it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sven
          To post one and the same topic into three different forums within minutes.

I'm not a moderator here (but admin of our boards) but I know this here as a very helpful one, it's absolutely sufficient to have this question posted in the adequate forum once and that's it.
          ow, I didnt realize that......I had posted questions here before and went on days without being answered.......Just tryin to get a quick answer if it's a bug or am I doing something wrong......

Comment

Fazle-

The same thing happend to me when importing from my UBB 5.45c. I couldn't wait for a fix, so I did wha I had to do to fix it......

I had to delete the last post(s) from each thread. At least in my experience, only the very latest posts were dated incorrectly and once I had delted them, all new posts fell into place.

You may not wanna delete posts, but it's a qucik, easy way to cure the problem. I think I only lost 30 posts by doing this. I can live with that.

hth!

Comment

Originally posted by VAN
              Fazle-

The same thing happend to me when importing from my UBB 5.45c. I couldn't wait for a fix, so I did wha I had to do to fix it......

I had to delete the last post(s) from each thread. At least in my experience, only the very latest posts were dated incorrectly and once I had delted them, all new posts fell into place.

You may not wanna delete posts, but it's a qucik, easy way to cure the problem. I think I only lost 30 posts by doing this. I can live with that.

hth!
              Van, thanks for your reply The problem is that my site gets about 6000-7000 posts a day and there are far too many to delete ; the prune option lets you delete posts that are x days older, but that wont help me, as I only need to delete the ones posted that day or more correctly, that hour.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X