• jojo85
    replied
    Yeahhhhhhh

Very very nice boy!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Photorazzi
    replied
    Thank You,

I am loving it....Here is the start of my design for my board. It is still being worked on....
    http://www.photorazzi.com/forumn/index.php

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Photorazzi,

Good choice. I'm sure you'll be pleased with vB!

Leave a comment:

• Photorazzi
    replied
    Thank you all.

I have decided to make the switch...I really think that after all is said and done that vBulletin is the superior product. Also.....For everyone who would like graphics.....I am going to be creating some custom templates and custom icons.....so once I get it check out the graphics section...

Leave a comment:

• klisis
    replied
    vb2 has really too many features. I find sometimes I feel comfortable when looking at UBB(way way less features but easy to use at least for me.)
    But I prefer vb2 more than UBB.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    I'm also in the process of switching from UBB to vB. I've set up a test forum running vB 2.0b3 and I have to say it's very impressive. The Control Panel options are absolutely fantastic and the users I have testing the board really like the features and speed and are excited about the switch.

The only downside so far is that the Style Set and Template system is not intuitive to me and there's very little documentation on it yet. Nonetheless IMHO vB is without a doubt far superior to UBB6 - or any other board for that matter.

Leave a comment:

• Photorazzi
    replied
    Thanks......Keep The Comments Coming.....

Leave a comment:

• Toliman
    replied
    my experience with vbulletin is that the customization is really easier, you can control everythin through templates and the control panel, you can disable some features if you don't want to use them hence saving memory.

Since it uses php/mysql it is faster, but mysql consumes a lot of ram so beware if you are in a shared server and your forum is really active.

The support from Jelsoft is really good, I haven't seen a question not answered and a lot of suggestions and hacks are rather quickly introduced in an official version, you really don't have to hack anything yourself.

Leave a comment:

• Photorazzi
    replied
    Thanks Joe....

Yeah it will help....I only setup the boards about a month ago...Then a new version of the script wiped out all post and users....and I only got it reconfigured last week...As you might imagine most posters got pretty PO'd so I am really taking a good look at the script again...Their is nothing like a ticked of customer. Anyway thanks for the help and I welcome more comments from all...

Leave a comment:

• Joe
    replied
    Read up as much as you can in this forum, v2 is still a beta product, as is UBB6, as you noticed v2 has alot of features.

Personaly, i would never go back to UBB after using vB, installation was simple, administrating it the forums are also very simple.

The biggest difference, is vB is PHP and MySQL based, where UBB is a pearl based forum. vB will have more features avalible becouse of this, like whos online, and others (sorry, i cant think, last post before going to bed!).

It looks like your UBB6 only has a few posts, thats good (well, somewhat) as vB does not yet have a UBB6 to vB2 converter script (it does for UBB5.X).

Hope thats a start, read up on the forums here, theres alot of good info for ya...

BTW. i love vB

Leave a comment:

• Photorazzi
    started a topic Should I Buy....vBulletin

Should I Buy....vBulletin

Hi All,

I have some questions....I just recently got a bulletin board up and running on my site...Yes it is UBB version 6.... and I am having problems. I was just wondering what you guys thought of vBulletin???? I need to get the boards going, and to be quite honest this script seems much more full-featured than UBB. I love the calender, the member list, the polls and all the other features not included or supported in UBB. Having to install hacks every 5 minutes is a pain. How is vBulltin to setup, maintain, and support????? Just asking the question, if you want to see my current board check out the signature....Thanks in advance for helping me make up my mind....
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X