No announcement yet.

How can I disable "Enter email again"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I disable "Enter email again"?

Anyone know how to make it so that the user only needs to enter their email once instead of twice?

right now, if they enter it once then they get an error to go back and fill it out again, and when they go back all the info they enter is erased, kind of annoying to the user.

thanks for any help

you'll have to hack it yourself

Comment

Originally posted by maniello
      Anyone know how to make it so that the user only needs to enter their email once instead of twice?

right now, if they enter it once then they get an error to go back and fill it out again, and when they go back all the info they enter is erased, kind of annoying to the user.

thanks for any help
      However if they enter it wrong, the validation email will never get to them and you'll get an error message in your email.

I'm still using UBB and I get a lot of members making typos when they register. Frankly I'm getting very tired of all the extra work this generates for me and I'm looking forward to having them enter their email address twice.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

actually, id like to disable this as well. its just a matter of ctrl+c + ctrl+v. i found this annoying.

if the guy uses something like [email protected]www.domain.com and he thinks its right, he will put it twice.

vb has that neat "activate registration" password anyway, so wrong e-mails would not be a problem anymore.
        Radio and TV Player for vBulletin

Comment

I agree

One of my email addresses is quite long, so I just copy and paste when asked for it twice. I am sure a high percentage of people do the same, making this function pointless

Comment

Actually most people who are not technically oriented will most likely type it in twice.

I actually find it a rather nice feature.

You can remove it. You will have to edit the templates and the member.php file as it is a required field.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X