Problems upgrading from 2.2.9 to 2.3.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems upgrading from 2.2.9 to 2.3.5

Like many others, my 2.2.9 forum was hacked. Fortunately, my web host restored from a back up and I'm trying to upgrade to 2.3.5 to keep my forum safe.

But the install process gets stuck.

My web host tells me that my setting in the config file are correct. The 2.3.5 install script tells me that "Connection succeeded! The database already exists."

But when I click for the next step, the installer says "Creating table access. There seems to have been a slight problem with the database."

And there I remain - stuck.

What could the problem be and how can I get my forum back up and running?

www.audioenz.co.nz/forums

Haven't tried it yet, but here I am...

I was hacked today (v2.2.9) and had my bacon saved by my hosting service's backup. I also need upgrade to 2.3.5 and am wondering about the process. I DON'T want to screw this up!

I have now got a backup of the current configuration on my home machine... does 2.3.5 modify any of this, or screw up my database? Judging from the comments above, it may not be as easy as we are lead to believe.

Any input from people who have done this before is appreciated.

Geoff

Comment

Originally posted by websites
      The 2.3.5 install script tells me that "Connection succeeded! The database already exists."
      You need to run the approriate upgrade scripts - *not* install:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/upgrade.html
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
        You need to run the approriate upgrade scripts - *not* install:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/upgrade.html
        Pardon my inexcusable ignorance, but I need a bit of clarification on the process. Once I upload the files named above (for conversion from 2.2.9 to 2.3.5), do I run the upgrade scripts in numerical order? If I understand correctly, on completion, I'm supposed to delete those scripts. I do trust that my database/member list/formatting etc will remain intact?

Please advise soonest, I shall follow instructions faithfully this AM.

Thanks,

Geoff

Comment

Yes, you run them in numerical order. Its just the upgrade process it wont harm your data in any way

Comment

Thanks. The updaters worked fine.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X