Serious Hacker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious Hacker

Some worm totally hacked into my forums, I am not an activist, so why I was atacked??? Who knows.

Please Advise.

Here is one of the links to my page.

http://www.southbeachdiet.co.uk/forums/index.php?

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...180#post694180

Comment

???

It seems all posts, etc were erased? Is there a file in "Backup" which I can re-place the delted files?

I put an e-mail into my host because I have no idea how to install which was suggested in the thread above.

I am just the Admin here.

By upgrading will stop this problem in the future?

Comment

It seems others are being hacked by the same IP or person/persons?

Comment

Yes, that is why a eBulletin was sentout recnetly and the announcment, you should always keep your version up to date

Comment

I tried to take a look, but I could not find the informed e-mail?

Any suggestions to what to do now, is it possible to stop this "worm"? Since he has obviously hit other people as well?

Thank you for your help?

It seems only the index.php file was erased?

Comment

It's not a worm or any other kind of infection. It's a vulnerability that allows a person to gain admin access to a forum.

First you should upload the patched calendar.php file from the thread that Zachery posted.

Then you will need to regain access to your Admin CP. If your account still exists and the password hasn't been changed then you can upload the getadmin.php file to your forum directory and run it from your browser. You will be given the option to promote an account to admin.

If they deleted or changed your account so you can no longer login then you will need to register a new account and promote it to admin in order to gain access. Otherwise you will need to restore a backup of your database to gain access.

Comment

Thank you

I will have to let my hosting service take care of this since I am not "Savvy" enough to attempt to do it along, especially when dealing with the DB?

I hope they can help, I did forward them the three patches?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X