Restoring multiple backups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restoring multiple backups?

Due to a moderator going delete-happy on our board, we had to do a backup restore but we lost a few days. We had another backup file with these threads. Is there a way to restore the second backup file over the first backup file without losing the deleted threads that got restored? I hope that make sense?

No, that won't work. The second backup will just overwrite the firtst one. I'm afraid there is no simple and easy way to restore just those posts.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I thought so. Thanks.

Comment

What you might want to do is stop mods from being able to delete posts and threads completely, if you ever upgrade to 3.x you have the soft-delete option which instead of deleting the record from the database it just hides it from those who don't have permission to view deleted posts and threads, from there you can just remove the physical delete option from the templates.

Cheers,
        Robert
        Visit NoizPollution.com // Your Music Source

Do not PM or email me for support, you will not receive a response. Please post all requests for support in the main vBulletin forums or via the support system in the main members section of the site.

Comment

merging two vbulletin 2.x MYSQL databases

Hi Truffles,

I was actually looking for the same function (to merge two different vb 2.x databases without overwriting the information on the newest database...

Although I am not sure how safe it is to use, I found a hack on the vbulletin.org website that supposedly merges two vb 2.x databases without overwriting information on the host database...

Here is the link to that thread: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?p=529804

I think that I might try to merge them on my desktop first (by installing mysql, php, and vb on my computer).

I am hoping this works, because one person accidently erased several posts and threads on my forum as well.

(let me know if iy works for you if you try it).

Khashyar
          www.DalaiLamaFilm.com/community
          www.russianmeetingplace.com/forums/
          www.russianmeetingplace.com/russianforum/
          www.wakan.com/forum

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X