My 2.3.5 was hacked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 2.3.5 was hacked

I have read about 2.3.4 being hacked. But, my site as well has been hacked and I am running 2.3.5.
    Actually it was done twice yesterday. The second time they got in was very bad. They deleated allot more than php files.
    I am gonna try to turn off the calander to see if it stops them.
    I may need to look into this a little further cause I havent heard about any other 2.3.5 being hacked??
    Scabs

What, if any hacks did you have installed?

If they are deleteing files it sounds like they have access to your server, as the exploit in 2.3.3(and lower) would not be able to do that.

You should contact and notify your host ASAP.

Comment

Please gather any information you might find about the hack attempts, and the successfull ones. You can find http strings in the raw apache log on your web server, your host might log those entries. You can check the admin/mod log in the database. And maybe you find weird stuff that might lead to more info. Please report those details to [email protected] so the developers can look into them.

Comment

The only hack I have on the page is online users today.
        I have serious troubles now.
        Seems my admin password had changed either from the hacker or since I backed up??
        Could you guys help me to find it threw FTP?? I try to email myself a new one but I get a database error.
        My domain is www.bigjacksbikerbar.com
        The host server does have the logs and they are looking into it.
        But if you guys could help me gain back my admin access I would very much appreciate it.
        Jack

Comment

If you do not have an account and can register one:

Register a new account on your forums. Then upload getadmin.php (it's in the 'extras' folder of the zip file) to your forum directory and run it from your browser. After you've promoted the account to Admin, delete this file immediately.

If you do have an account:

Upload getadmin.php (it's in the 'extras' folder of the zip file) to your forum directory and run it from your browser. Select one of the user names you use to access the forums. Then promote this account to Admin. After this, delete getadmin.php from your server immediately.

Otherwise, fill out a support ticket at:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/mem...ontactform.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thank you Steve. I am gonna do that now I will post back what happens.
            Jack

Comment

Worked like a charm.
              I am very happy now Wheeww
              Thanks
              Jack

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X