vB 2.3.x search isn't very good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vB 2.3.x search isn't very good

When I search for something, for example, the word "Internet" it may be listed on 3 threads, and 20 pages each.. Is there any way when you click on the 'search results' for that link to take you exactly to the thread that contains that term? vB2 search sucks compared to the UBB 6.3.1.1 search. vB is the best product imo out there, but some features just aren't good. Any help is appreciated.

I don't understand. Each of these links is to a thread containing that word. If you want links to the actual posts, chose the option to return the results for posts instead of threads.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      I don't understand. Each of these links is to a thread containing that word. If you want links to the actual posts, chose the option to return the results for posts instead of threads.
      I am using VB2.34 and I would like to change this setting. Currently seraches only return threads. Where is this setting in VB 2.34?

Thanks!

Comment

Here's a screen shot:
        Attached Files
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Ah, I was thinking it was an administrative setting. Thanks!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X