Forum Hacked, assistance appreciated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trace

How do I find out whom hacked my site??? It could be the same (Arab) group or even VB site as posted earlier. Someone should take these guys down?

Comment

Apologies, but it seems my hosting service implemented the backup themselves.

Still, I'd like to know how to do this in the future.

Thanks you all much.

Geoff

Comment

The recommended method to backup and restore a database is here:

Backup:
        http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/m...nce_ssh_backup

Restore:
        http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/m...ce_ssh_restore
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I got hacked by these same guys. They are operating from SA, IP is 212.138.14.12
          I highly reccomend banning this address before it is too late !!!!! :O

Comment

Even better - upgrade to the latest version.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I am alreay in the process. I just got back from a year in Iraq to this sort of crap. I will also ban those IPs just in case they think of something else to do to the new software someday. PLEASE stay ahead of this clowns, I really like the software and would hate to get my site screwed up again.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X