Vbulletin 2.0 RC2 database upgrade problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vbulletin 2.0 RC2 database upgrade problems

Hello, I have been trying for days to make a database from Vbulletin 2.0 RC2 run again and I'm having many problems.

1. I have transferred the database which is about 195mb to my server, I then use Telnet and issue command to make a databse named "test" using the contents from the .sql file ,everything goes well with no errors and when finished I have the database test online with 36 tables. *I believe I have one extra table called templates_old

2. I download and install a registered version of Vbulletin 2.3.5 to my webserver, I also place the upgrade files I need to upgrade Vbulletin 2.0 RC2 and begin the upgrade process by going to http://your.site/forums/admin/upgrade8.php and start upgrading, I am able to go to upgrade28.php no problem and am told I am then at V 2.3.5 .

*When I attempt to install using install.php from this point I get to Step 3 and get an error about the table "access" already being there and get sent this email error below

Database error in vBulletin Installer :

Invalid SQL: CREATE TABLE access (
    userid int(10) unsigned DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL,
    forumid smallint(5) unsigned DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL,
    accessmask smallint(5) unsigned DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL
    )
    mysql error: Table 'access' already exists

mysql error number: 1050

Date: Tuesday 22nd of June 2004 09:59:53 PM
    Script: /forums2/admin/install.php?step=4

**Note I have also attempted to do this from the minimum version needed 2.29? and tried to upgrade to Vbulletin 3.0 but I get the same error and it tells me "access" has been created and on the installer page it tells me "There is a slight problem with the database"

Can somebody please confirm the proper way to upgrade to avoid these problems, I have read the manual as well as searched the forums and cannot find the answer to this problem.

When I start upgrade8.php and it tells me I am using Vbulletin 2.0 RC2, if this the point I should be running the install scripts from or should I start from upgrade1.php?

What version should I upgrade too? Should I go to the minimum 2.9 or go all the way to 2.3.5? As mentioned the only version files I have for download from Vbulletin members are 2.35 and 3.0 so I assume uploading 2.35 and running the upgrade scripts to 2.3.5 will then convert my database to 2.35? At this point do I then run a clean install again of 2.3.5? I have tried this and
    get the error about "access" exists?

Thank's for any help you guys can provide, this is driving me nuts!

Why are you trying to run install.php ?

Comment

I wasnt sure if I need to or not? So what your saying is I have a Vbulletin 2.0 RC2 databse and start at upgrade8.php I should upgrade to either 2.29 or 2.3.5, when it tells me I am successful I should be able to then go to admin and use the username/password to gain access to the control panel

*Thanks for the quick reply...

Comment

You should upgrade to 2.3.5 then make a backup before attempting a backup to vB3 if that is what your final goal is.

Comment

Thanks for the tips Zachery, I got 2.3.5 running and the forums are running but I have few small errors and it seems I am maybe missing a few tables? Seems like it could be fixed easily, thanks again for the quick replys

I suspect I may be missing an avatar table and have no idea how to get around this and dont have the old avatars I don't think..

I get these error's on certain threads but not all seems like a bbcode and avatar problem?
          Note for this second error I do have a bbcode template but it's a default template and hasnt been modified.

Database error in vBulletin 2.3.5:
          Invalid SQL:
          SELECT
          post.*,post.username AS postusername,post.ipaddress AS ip,user.*,userfield.*,icon.title as icontitle,icon.iconpath,
          attachment.attachmentid,attachment.filename,attachment.visible AS attachmentvisible,attachment.counter
          ,avatar.avatarpath,NOT ISNULL(customavatar.avatardata) AS hascustomavatar,customavatar.dateline AS avatardateline
          FROM post
          LEFT JOIN icon ON icon.iconid=post.iconid
          LEFT JOIN user ON user.userid=post.userid
          LEFT JOIN userfield ON userfield.userid=user.userid
          LEFT JOIN avatar ON avatar.avatarid=user.avatarid
          LEFT JOIN customavatar ON customavatar.userid=user.userid
          LEFT JOIN attachment ON attachment.attachmentid=post.attachmentid
          WHERE post.postid IN (0,202460)
          ORDER BY dateline
          mysql error: Table 'test.avatar' doesn't exist
          mysql error number: 1146

Invalid SQL: SELECT bbcodetag,bbcodereplacement,twoparams FROM bbcode
          mysql error: Table 'test.bbcode' doesn't exist

I get this error for sure when trying to view a members profile

Invalid SQL: SELECT user.avatarid,avatarpath,NOT ISNULL(avatardata) AS hascustom,customavatar.dateline
          FROM user
          WHERE user.userid='25'
          mysql error: Table 'test.avatar' doesn't exist

Thanks

Comment

Run these queries to create those tables:

Code:
            CREATE TABLE bbcode (
               bbcodeid smallint(5) unsigned DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL auto_increment,
               bbcodetag varchar(200) NOT NULL,
               bbcodereplacement varchar(200) NOT NULL,
               bbcodeexample varchar(200) NOT NULL,
               bbcodeexplanation mediumtext NOT NULL,
               twoparams smallint(6) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL,
               PRIMARY KEY (bbcodeid)
            );
            Code:
            CREATE TABLE avatar (
               avatarid smallint(5) unsigned DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL auto_increment,
               title char(100) NOT NULL,
               minimumposts smallint(6) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL,
               PRIMARY KEY (avatarid)
            );
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks Steve, the bbcode table exists and is default. I have ran the query for the avatar table but still am getting avatar errors if I visit a page such as this

http://www.mysite.com/forum/member.p...o&userid=10356

Invalid SQL: SELECT user.avatarid,avatarpath,NOT ISNULL(avatardata) AS hascustom,customavatar.dateline
              FROM user
              WHERE user.userid='10356'
              mysql error: Table 'test.customavatar' doesn't exist

The bbcode errors I am getting are coming from threads, some I can view while others give me the error referring to bbcode

*Thanks again for the quick replys..

Comment

Not according to your error message:

mysql error: Table 'test.bbcode' doesn't exist

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

For any other tables that are missing, just refer to the query that creates these tables in admin/install.php. Here's the one for customavatar:

Code:
                  CREATE TABLE customavatar (
                     userid int(10) unsigned DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL,
                     dateline int(10) unsigned DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL,
                     filename CHAR(100) NOT NULL,
                     PRIMARY KEY (userid)
                  );

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Sorry Steve your correct, I meant to say bbcode template* in Vbulletin, I had that I just added the table for bbcode with the query and that problem seems solved.

While I was replying to this I noticed you mentioned how to add the customavatar table, that problem is also fixed now

*Thanks alot for the help!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X