Odd page loading problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd page loading problems

I'm having some wierd page loading problems with my site. Occasionally, when you click a button (I've had the problem with new thread, post reply, click forum names, sending PMs, etc) it will display the HTML and not render it. If you click refresh, it properly loads everything the way it should.

This doesn't seem to happen conistently; it seems to happen quite randomly, but usually at a somewhat frequent pace.

Any idea as to what is causing this?

What are your server specs? OS, Apache/PHP/MySQL version numbers and how 'active' is your forum (x online users average) If you can, include a your vBulletin version number and a link to phpinfo.php

Comment

Originally posted by Floris
      What are your server specs? OS, Apache/PHP/MySQL version numbers and how 'active' is your forum (x online users average) If you can, include a your vBulletin version number and a link to phpinfo.php
      not exactly sure of the OS, but here are the other specs (I don't have shell access to the computer - I'll probably be changing hosts soon).

Linux kernel 2.4.26-ow1
      Apache Version 1.3.31 (Unix)
      PHP - 4.3.7
      mySQL 4.0.18-standard
      vBulletin - 2.3.5

average users online is anywhere from 20-250. I've been hearing from my users that this may have started within the past couple days, so I'm going to upload all the files again late tonight when no one is on to see if a file got corrupted somehow. But if this is known somehow, it'd be great to find out what it is.

Comment

You can try to upload the files again and do a optimize/repair on the database. Maybe that helps.

Could be a server setting /resource not being able to handle the stress from 250+ online users and something crashes, not parsing the php and only showing the html. (or something in that spirit)

Comment

I think I may have fixed the page loading problem by uploading vbulletin again. but... I think I made it do something else, as well. under the template when I expand any template I get a list of two of everything! I've attached a picture (it's a PDF, because that's what the quick picture on a mac makes it).

How would I go about fixing this?
          Attached Files

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X