Database error in vBulletin Installer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Database error in vBulletin Installer

A bit of background first of all.... a month ago the host I had my site on was shut down. A friend of mine was hosting it. Anyway, I was running 2.2.5. I have a .sql backup, which I restored via SSH tonight. I thought I would at least upgrade to the latest ver. 2 software. I uploaded version 2.3.5, modified config.php and ran the update scripts 19 to 28. All was well. Upon running the install.php for the 2.3.5 I got the following error message.

Database error in vBulletin Installer :

Invalid SQL: CREATE TABLE access (
    userid int(10) unsigned DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL,
    forumid smallint(5) unsigned DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL,
    accessmask smallint(5) unsigned DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL
    )
    mysql error: Table 'access' already exists

mysql error number: 1050

Date: Monday 07th of June 2004 09:44:22 PM
    Script: /admin/install.php?step=4
    Referer:

Do I need to start at 2.2.5 and then upgrade? Otherwise what might be the problem? I do have a complete backup of the board at 2.2.5 btw. Any help apprecited.

You don't need to run the install. After you have upgraded, then stop.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Steve,
      You are right of course. The board is up and fine, it hit me when I went to bed last night that the install.php was only needed for a new install. No need to create a db if you already have one, hence the error message above. I was really ready to go after restoring the db, running the upgrade scripts and I just uploaded my images this morning... all is well.
      Thanks,

Dave

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X