vbulletin 2.3.3 admin question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vbulletin 2.3.3 admin question

ok... i bought a domain name / skin / sql backup of an exisiting vb forum and a license.

i got vb 2.3.3 installed (after a few dumb mistakes on my part) and got the old sql database imported to the site, so all the users and posts transfered and are now on my server

my question is... the admin username and pass i created initially w/ vb are now gone, how do i login as admin to change these or how can i change admin name/login??
    Last edited by Mike Panic; Sat 5 Jun '04, 4:58pm.

What do you mean "gone"? Are you getting an error message or is it just stating wrong password?
    Home of the free, Because of the brave.

Comment

i get this error:

You are either not a valid administrator or have not logged in.
      now im a total n00b to vb... but ive been running a few phpBB forums for more then a year now - and i have a feeling that when i importing the sql backup into my new database, it over-wrote the current data including the admin username/pass i had setup

so is there anyway i can now change this?? i know it sounds like a total hacker thing to do, but i've lost contact with the person whom i bought the vb license/site/domain name from and im trying to get this forum going again after being offline for nearly 2 months - w/out loosing all the current members/posts on it

Comment

In order to use an import, one imports the .sql, then uploads the 2.3.3 files and you are done. You shouldn't run install.php

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X