Help with posting and replying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with posting and replying

I currently have a member on our site that cant post or reply on our forum. What they get is the message that the Administrator has set that you can only post once every 30 seconds. The problem with that is I have also tried to logon as that member from another PC and waited well over 60 seconds and get the same results. That is the only member experiancing this problem. I have looked at his access rights and he is setup like everyone else.

Can someone help me with this one? I dont want to delete his id and have him create a new one because he has been a memeber for a long time and hold the highest amount of post. Any assistance with this would be helpful.

Which version are you running? Have you installed any hacks (including portals) or added any code to the headinclude, header or phpinclude templates?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I am running VBportal Version 2.3.0 Release 2 and Vbulletin 2.3.4
      I have only modified the header simply to hold our logo and a hack to show
      ministats on the portal and latest picture uploads and random pictures from
      our PhotoPost PHP 4.7 gallery. He is the only members having this problem.

Comment

Sorry but we can't provide official support for forums running hacked code. If you remove the hacks and restore the original files and still have this problem, let us know.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

This is the problem with Vbulletin is that they will give you any excuse not to offer support. It's like pulling teeth for any suggestions. What the hell is so hacked about my board other then resizing the header to fit my logo and adding photopost and a portal which alomost 80% of your customers do this! This is unreal now I know why so many people stick with open code.

Comment

Alot of customers do not modify vBulletin. They only add a differnt logo and go on.

When you modifiy the stock code, you bring the problem of code that isnt stable or can cause errors,

Is it possible the server time has changed or their time is off?

Comment

The vast majority of customers do not hack their forums. I'm sorry you disagree with our policy, but we can only provide official support for code that we wrote and released.

As for the 'any excuse' comments, my post count alone shows how false that is.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by bada_bing
                This is the problem with Vbulletin is that they will give you any excuse not to offer support. It's like pulling teeth for any suggestions. What the hell is so hacked about my board other then resizing the header to fit my logo and adding photopost and a portal which alomost 80% of your customers do this! This is unreal now I know why so many people stick with open code.
                That post is just wrong on so many levels

How did you get that 80% figure ?
                90% of vbulletin customers don't use any portals (larger sites write/hire somebody to do the custom job for their needs, as all nuke-alike vbportals looks the same and they're very far from real userfriendlynes).

Photopost is poorly written; you could find a much better photogallery script for free.

I don't know what you meant by "open code" but vbulletin doesn't use any encoder to hide their sourcecode. You can modify whatever you want.

Comment

Originally posted by bada_bing
                  Adding a portal and photopost, alters the code on numerous pages. It would be like buying a car and changing the suspension. If you ran into problems the car manufacturer cant be held responsible.. Yes, 80% is still stock, but YOU ALTERED the car therefor changing things..

Real simple, Rename all your altered PP, files, and see if you are having the same problem. If not, it is your altered codes effect on things. So vb wouldnt be to blame.. You can then restore your old files when done testing..

I for one find it funny when people ask for help while complaining about the very people they are asking..
                  Home of the free, Because of the brave.

Comment

Ah, but with car warranties, they can't deny warranty claims if the modification has nothing to do with the problem.
                    vBulletin Staff > *
                    vBulletin > *

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X