Posting Attachments Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posting Attachments Problem

We are having problems posting larger attachments (anything 1mb and above). When clicking on 'post thread' or 'post reply' with any attachment 1mb and above the whole thing stalls for a minute or two then one of three things happens, I will describe each below. Many people using our board have been having this problem for a while now- we have checked the file size and type allowances on the admin site, and neither of these are the problem.

1- the message is posted successfully, but with no attachment.

2- we get the following error message:
    Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted at (null):0 (tried to allocate 1771441 bytes) in /home/www/border2012/board/admin/db_mysql.php on line 226

3- we get the following message:

There seems to have been a slight problem with the Community Participation, Border 2012 / Participacion Comunitaria, Frontera 2012 database.
    Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

Also, if we hit the "Technical Staff" link, it generates an email with no address, so are not able to send my request for support (even though we have an email address specified on the admin board).

If we click on the "refresh" link, we get bumped out of the forum, and get this message:

No forum specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the webmaster.

If we click on webmaster we do get the email address specified on the admin board.

I think your storing it in the database and the max packet size for attachments is 1mb.

If you login to the admin panel in the index window can you read off the values for
    PHP Maximuim Upload Size
    PHP Max Post Size
    MySQL Max Packet Size
    Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X