Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slight problem. 500 Internal error with email?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slight problem. 500 Internal error with email?

Well VB 2.2 Has been running smoothly for the past couple days and I must say I am very happy.

Now I wanted to turn on the email feature but it seems there is a problem when I do that.

When people have email turned out it comes up with a

Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
    Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
    Now I am not sure why this is. But its only when people have email enabled. Of course I shutoff this feature now so it doesnt do it anymore but I wanted to now if there is something I should be looking for.

Also it doesnt send out email to do email verification. People say they never get a email.

Yes the server has email set up on it but I wanted to know if there should be something else I should be looking at.

Kind of like a config for email server usage.

Thanks

Still looking for some help on this question. Currently I am trying to send a member a PM and I keep getting the error.

The message still goes through though.

Comment

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
      Take a look at error log as mentioned and post what's in there (should be at the very end of the file).

Yo may also try to run /your/apache/bin/dir/apachectl configtest if you don't have a syntax error in httpd.conf, access.conf and srm.conf.

Comment

This is what I get

22>Mar 5 16:41:02 sendmail[40369]: QAA40369: [email protected], delay=00:00:00, mailer=local, stat=User unknown
        <22>Mar 5 16:41:02 sendmail[40369]: QAA40369: from=fredf, size=334, class=0, pri=30334, nrcpts=1, msgid=<[email protected]>, [email protected]
        And thats just when I try to replay to a PM. Users are complaining that they dont get a validation email.

Comment

Sounds like a sendmail misconfiguration.

Comment

Hmmm but I can send and recieve email through the regular way.

BTW.. there is no account for him currently on the server.. i didnt make it yet.. but it shouldnt error out on the message board even though the account isnt made.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X