Upgrade problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade problem

When i tryed to upgrade to VB 2.0 beta 2 from VB 1.1.5 on upgrade step 2 where it says altering Templates it stops and says there has been a Database problem a e-mail has been sent to are Technical staff. In the e-mail i get this

Database error in vBulletin Upgrade: Invalid SQL: ALTER TABLE template ADD templatesetid SMALLINT NOT NULL AFTER templateid, ADD INDEX title (title(20))
    mysql error: Duplicate column name 'templatesetid'
    mysql error number: 1060
    Date: Sunday 04th of March 2001 10:34:46 AM
    Script: /testforum/admin/upgrade1.php?step=3

The only thing i could think of is that the spellcheck i added to my version 1.1.5 could have done this.

I also have a backup before the update and full mysql and server control. Can someone please help as i am running a realy old backup of my forum, oh and also reverting back to 1.1.5 doesn't work, so please help fast.

Now when i revert to 1.1.5 and run the upgrade it all goes well and everything in the cp works, but when i try to use the forum www.cdrforum.com/testforum/index.php it comes up with a error saying "there seems to be a problem with the database a e-mail has been sent to are tehcnical staff the e-mail i get is like this.

Database error in vBulletin: Invalid SQL: SELECT sessionid FROM session WHERE ipaddress='195.92.65.211'
    mysql error: Unknown column 'sessionid' in 'field list'
    mysql error number: 1054
    Date: Sunday 04th of March 2001 10:56:49 AM
    Script: /testforum/index.php
    Referer: http://cdrforum.com/testforum/admin/...hp?action=head

Please help

Comment

did you restore your database back down to 1.1.5?

i hope you made a backup...

Comment

Originally posted by cymro
        Now when i revert to 1.1.5 and run the upgrade it all goes well and everything in the cp works, but when i try to use the forum www.cdrforum.com/testforum/index.php it comes up with a error saying "there seems to be a problem with the database a e-mail has been sent to are tehcnical staff the e-mail i get is like this.

Database error in vBulletin: Invalid SQL: SELECT sessionid FROM session WHERE ipaddress='195.92.65.211'
        mysql error: Unknown column 'sessionid' in 'field list'
        mysql error number: 1054
        Date: Sunday 04th of March 2001 10:56:49 AM
        Script: /testforum/index.php
        Referer: http://cdrforum.com/testforum/admin/...hp?action=head

Please help
        looks like the upgrade script did not fully work. did you have any hacks installed in 1.1.5?

Comment

just spell check, which i have now deleted and i have a backup the one which vb2.0 makes when you run the upgrade1.php. in the cp now i can see all the users and forums but the forum dont work as said in my post. Please help

Comment

i have the same problem

can anyone help please ?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X