Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    The files I posted contain the word "Buddy' or 'buddies' as part of the text they display. You will need to modify these. Since this involves hacking the code, please post any follow-up questions at vbulletin.org.

Leave a comment:

• lorden
    replied
    Thanks Steve, got a lot closer, now all i need to do is change my buttons.

But you said make changes to:

member2.php
    online.php
    admin/usergroup.php

after ivnestigating them they seem to just refer them to the buddy files, variables and templates and i haven't touched those, i just looked at the code and whatever had words that a user would see i changed it.... so i will not touch this portion of it.

One more place i have noticed that it has not changes yet though is;

Profile --> Edit your buddy list, when u click in there you get a "Edit Buddy List

and then underneath there u can type in usernames... anyway there is nowhere i can find where to change that "buddy" and since it invokes the member2.php like u listed i though maybe looking in there but i did not find anything.

thanks

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Sorry, I have vB3 on the brain. You need to do a template search for 'buddy' and buddies' in vB2. In addition you will need to modify the following files:

member2.php
    online.php
    admin/usergroup.php

Leave a comment:

• lorden
    replied
    So you mean to tell me that if i do a fresh install of VB3 i will NOT be able to import my users and messages?

Which basically means that I MUST do a Upgrade which will/could end up causing some problems in the dbase like i had in the past?

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    For the second bit, vB2 tempaltes are 0% compatabile with vB3, as vB3 uses a much updated system and a CSS for styling the board. There is only one way currently to get from vB2 to vB3 and that is a direct upgrade.

Leave a comment:

• lorden
    replied
    I have and for the most part they have been replaced, but then there's others that haven't been changed.

I'd love to use vbulletin 3 but when i tried the upgrade it screws up all my templates and style sheets. I guess what i'll try is manually importing the users and messages int oa fresh install.... but in the meanwhile i'd really appreciate any help regarding this problem.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    That is for vB3, What you want SHOULD be in a template somewhere, it has been ages for me since ive been inside a vB2 template system, try using the search feature to find that snipet of text

Leave a comment:

• lorden
    replied
    Hey Steve, thanks for the reply, unfortunately i don't have a phrase search function in the Admin cp of vbulletin.

this is for 2 correct? that's the one i have running (2.3.4)

Anyway I went undet Templates - Search and searched for Buddy, anything that came up that was not referring to another template (i.e. $buddypmlist) i would change it... but still al ot of them still say Buddy list.

thanks

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Use the phrase search function:

Admin CP -> Languages & Phrases -> Search in Phrases

Leave a comment:

• lorden
    started a topic Can't change Buddylist word....

Can't change Buddylist word....

Hey, I am currently trying to change anything related to "buddy list" to say something else, so i did a search and went through anything saying Buddy list to the new word.

now when i go into the CP, the first page on the left side it says's "Send PM to Buddies list" and i can't seem to find that one anymore.

in fact also under EDIt list in the CP it says; "Edit Buddy List" and then u can add teh usernames.

I checked everywhere for where i can find these and i can't find them.

in fact i know that the first one is under "$buddypmlink"

but i can't fin that template.

Thank you
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X