Can't change Buddylist word....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't change Buddylist word....

Hey, I am currently trying to change anything related to "buddy list" to say something else, so i did a search and went through anything saying Buddy list to the new word.

now when i go into the CP, the first page on the left side it says's "Send PM to Buddies list" and i can't seem to find that one anymore.

in fact also under EDIt list in the CP it says; "Edit Buddy List" and then u can add teh usernames.

I checked everywhere for where i can find these and i can't find them.

in fact i know that the first one is under "$buddypmlink"

but i can't fin that template.

Thank you

Use the phrase search function:

Admin CP -> Languages & Phrases -> Search in Phrases
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Hey Steve, thanks for the reply, unfortunately i don't have a phrase search function in the Admin cp of vbulletin.

this is for 2 correct? that's the one i have running (2.3.4)

Anyway I went undet Templates - Search and searched for Buddy, anything that came up that was not referring to another template (i.e. $buddypmlist) i would change it... but still al ot of them still say Buddy list.

thanks

Comment

That is for vB3, What you want SHOULD be in a template somewhere, it has been ages for me since ive been inside a vB2 template system, try using the search feature to find that snipet of text

Comment

I have and for the most part they have been replaced, but then there's others that haven't been changed.

I'd love to use vbulletin 3 but when i tried the upgrade it screws up all my templates and style sheets. I guess what i'll try is manually importing the users and messages int oa fresh install.... but in the meanwhile i'd really appreciate any help regarding this problem.

Comment

For the second bit, vB2 tempaltes are 0% compatabile with vB3, as vB3 uses a much updated system and a CSS for styling the board. There is only one way currently to get from vB2 to vB3 and that is a direct upgrade.

Comment

So you mean to tell me that if i do a fresh install of VB3 i will NOT be able to import my users and messages?

Which basically means that I MUST do a Upgrade which will/could end up causing some problems in the dbase like i had in the past?

Comment

Sorry, I have vB3 on the brain. You need to do a template search for 'buddy' and buddies' in vB2. In addition you will need to modify the following files:

member2.php
                online.php
                admin/usergroup.php

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks Steve, got a lot closer, now all i need to do is change my buttons.

But you said make changes to:

member2.php
                  online.php
                  admin/usergroup.php

after ivnestigating them they seem to just refer them to the buddy files, variables and templates and i haven't touched those, i just looked at the code and whatever had words that a user would see i changed it.... so i will not touch this portion of it.

One more place i have noticed that it has not changes yet though is;

Profile --> Edit your buddy list, when u click in there you get a "Edit Buddy List

and then underneath there u can type in usernames... anyway there is nowhere i can find where to change that "buddy" and since it invokes the member2.php like u listed i though maybe looking in there but i did not find anything.

thanks

Comment

The files I posted contain the word "Buddy' or 'buddies' as part of the text they display. You will need to modify these. Since this involves hacking the code, please post any follow-up questions at vbulletin.org.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X