Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I enable my moderators to change peoples user groups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I enable my moderators to change peoples user groups?

My mods are having trouble b/c they cannot ban certain users whose user group is "users awaiting email confirmation".

???

Thanks.

You can allow Super Moderators to have access to the admin control panel, but not moderators. I don't think you can have moderators change usergroups. An admin or super mod could mass move users to an additional usergroup.
    Personally, I always just prune the users who don't validate their email.

Comment

Regular Mods can only ban users in the Registered group. Changing this requires modifying the code. You can try asking over at vbulletin.org.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Below is an email from my supermoderator.

The super mods are missing the save button on the "Moderator's control panel" screen. We can't change anybody's sigs, usertext, or user groups like you can Matt. Check into this when you get a chance. Maybe you can see what I'm talking about if you log in under my username. I'll pm you my password.
        I logged in with his info. and went to a random users profile. Then I clicked Administrative Options: User Optionsand it took me to the RU's profile in the admin control panel. It has a drop down where you can change the RU's usergroup, but at the bottom exists no save button like the quote about says...

Why is this? What is wrong?

Thanks.

Comment

The User Options link should have taken you to the Mod CP, not the Admin CP... unless your Super Moderators have access to the Admin CP which basically makes then Administrators.

vBulletin 2 does not allow editing of user profiles in the modcp, only in the Admin CP. To access the Admin CP you must be in a group with the Can access control panel permission enabled in the:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Modify -> [edit]

Enabling this permission for moderators is not recommended unless you completely trust your moderators. Admin CP access in vB2 is all or nothing, so your moderators would have complete control over your forums.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
            The User Options link should have taken you to the Mod CP, not the Admin CP... unless your Super Moderators have access to the Admin CP which basically makes then Administrators.

vBulletin 2 does not allow editing of user profiles in the modcp, only in the Admin CP. To access the Admin CP you must be in a group with the Can access control panel permission enabled in the:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Modify -> [edit]

Enabling this permission for moderators is not recommended unless you completely trust your moderators. Admin CP access in vB2 is all or nothing, so your moderators would have complete control over your forums.
            That is what I meant, I guess I didn't realize they were separate. They sure do look exactly alike...

So I assume vB 3 allows editing of user profiles in the modcp ???

I trust some of my mods, definitely not all of them...I think I know 2 of my Mods names in real life...Haha..We are real close, you see...Ha..

Thanks Jake.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Whelan
              So I assume vB 3 allows editing of user profiles in the modcp ???
              It doesn't look like it. I just checked.

However, vB3 allows you to create Admins with access to specific sections of the Admin CP.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X