Hacker deleted my admin account, now my posts say "guest"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hacker deleted my admin account, now my posts say "guest"

Hacker deleted my admin account, now all my old posts say "guest". Is there any way to re-assign my info to all my posts? I really don't want to restore an old mysql backup as the board is real busy and I'll lose a lot of threads.

Can I import just my user data from a mysql backup?

Is there a way to insert mysql data without overwriting the existing data?

Thanks a lot, hackers are scum!

I think this query will work. Backup your database first though.

UPDATE user SET userid=x WHERE username='your name';

With 'x' being the userid of your new account and 'your name' being your user name on the forums.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

The hacker deleted the user account, so i don't think that will work. here's the error I got when I tried:

#1054 - Unknown column 'my name' in 'where clause'

Comment

Missing

Any idea what this means?

: Missing sql_query
        : Missing db

Comment

You first need to register a new account, then you can run that query.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Mysql

This works somewhat, but not entirely. The database is a bit of a mess. Is there a way to merge an older database with the new messed up one? We'd like to upgrade to version 3, but before doing so, I'd like to get the database sorted and cleaned.

Comment

No, there's really no way to merge databases. Did you make regular backups of the db?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Backups

We backup every day. The last clean backup (from before the attack) is from over a week ago. We've had a lot of new posts since then. I'd love to be able to restore the database from 10 days ago and then insert all the new posts since then. Is this possible with the merge script available at Vbulletin.org?

Comment

may i know how they delete your account it is exploit or what ?

Comment

I doubt there is a script available that will do a partial merge like this but you can ask.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

exploit

Not completely sure how they got in. Think it might have been getadmin.php.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X