Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Members Can't Post

Dear Vbulletin,

I currently have version 2.3.5 installed, and am having some problems. Admin Controls are set up so new users must have a registered e-mail to post.

- New members are able to register
    - New members never recieve confirm via e-mail
    - New members ARE able to log-into the forums with receiving confirmation e-mail.
    - However new members cannot post

I checked all the Admin Control Panel User Settings and Forum Permission Settings for "Users Awaiting E-mail Confirmation" and "Registered Users" and all default correctly. However I do not want to have to update new members to registered users just so they can post since I want the credible e-mail background.

Any ideas what might be causing this?

Thanks

Victor Martino
    www.teamsolo.net

Are you getting bounced emails?

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
      Are you getting bounced emails?
      Unfortunately no.

Users log in, recieve no confirmation e-mail so they remain in the "awaiting confirmation limbo" and cannot post. Therefore, in order to allow them to post, I must change them to 'registered' but then I have no way of confirming their e-mail addresses.

Comment

This sounds like a server configureation problem.

Comment

This sounds like a server configureation problem.
          So what would you recommend be the best course of action Zachery?

Comment

Well try to send a test email out

AdminCP > Import & Maitence > Diagnostics > Email

If you get the email somthing else may be wrong, if you dont get it, then there is somthing wrong with the server and you should contact your host

Comment

Well try to send a test email out

AdminCP > Import & Maitence > Diagnostics > Email

If you get the email somthing else may be wrong, if you dont get it, then there is somthing wrong with the server and you should contact your host
              I think i'm missing something here, i'm looking in my AdminCP/Import and Maintainence but only have these 3 options shown;

Back-up Database
              BB Import Systems
              Update Counters

Comment

Oh im sorry i thought this was in the vB3 section

let me go and find my vB2 scripts to look at

Comment

Upload mailtest.php from your extras folder and see if you recive the email that it sends. if it does not contact your host.

Comment

Upload mailtest.php from your extras folder and see if you recive the email that it sends. if it does not contact your host.
                    Please forgive me since I am new using this system, but I can't seem to find a extras folder anywhere on my AdminCP. I'm also having some major problems with configuring the AdminCP Permissions. Forums that I do not want the general public to see are being exposed, and this is killing me. I've been up all night trying to see what is wrong and I can't figure out the problem. Is there a better way to discuss this over the phone? I'm pretty fustrated right now with this program.
                    Last edited by Team Solo; Sun 25 Apr '04, 9:37am.

Comment

The 'extras' folder is in the vB2 zip file.
                      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X