• My New post indicaters are not updating

Xaviers.thegameforums.com
    PHP Version 4.3.3
    mysql Client API version 3.23.49
    Apache/1.3.28
    Linux
    none
    None

my new post indicators are not updating after my users view a thread, it does seem to update when they use the "mark all posts as read" link however.

Givin the nature of the forum this is a major inconvience that I cant seem to find a solution to.
    The Price of Freedom, is Eternal Vigilance.
    - TheGameForums - Firefox - BitTorrent -

The new post indicators are designed to work that way, they wont turn off untill either the session expires or you mark all forums read.

Comment

Thanks, Now that I knew that was the problem I found the option to timeout the cookies.

Muchos Gracias Senor

Comment

Ok, I lied I reread the description and thats not what I wanted.

OK, so the actual post indicators update when they view the threads but the "New post in forums" indicators do not.

So if you view the thread it gets marked read, but if all the threads in a forum are read the forum will still show new posts, now I know you said this is part of the way they are designed is there a work around for this that you can think of.

Comment

I had the same problem Cay. It drove users nuts!

Check here: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=64255

I did NOT edit any templates. I only edited the forumdisplay.php file as suggested. I found that by editing the templates threads were immediately updated as read as well. So users would click a forum then see nothing unread... not good.

Comment

New posts get a small blue (by default ) down arrow next to them after you have read it it will dissapear.

Ive attached a small picture

(im fairly sure it worked this way in vB2)
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Zachery; Sat 24 Apr '04, 5:24pm.

Comment

The little blue arrows don't disappear in mine. I can view the forum home and see the new post indicators, and then go to a forum. I then see a new post indicator on the thread, along with the little blue down arrow. After I read the new post and return to the topic home, the blue thingy is still there.

They remain until either the session ends or they're marked as read. BIG HASSLE!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X