• Zachery
    replied
    If your using cpanel, most hosts have it setup so

http://ip/~username

Leave a comment:

• michaelab
    replied
    Thanks Steve - that's extremely helpful

I can't access the Admin CP via IP address because it's shared hosting. There may be a way to view the site in a browser before the domain transfer comes through, I've asked my host about it but just in case I'll close it manually.

Michael.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Just access the Admin CP via the IP address. Here is the query to turn your forums off, assuming you are running vB2:

UPDATE template SET template=CONCAT(template,'\n\$bbactive = 0;\n') WHERE title='options';:

To change the closed meszsage:

SELECT * FROM template WHERE title='options'

Then edit $bbclosedreason.

Leave a comment:

• michaelab
    started a topic DB changes for closed forum?

DB changes for closed forum?

I'm moving my forum to a new host and I already have everything (forum, DB etc) all sitting and waiting ready for the domain transfer at the new place but when the domain transfer happens I want the forum to be "closed" with a message saying something like "please be patient whilst the latest database backup is restored".

I know you can do that from the Admin CP but since the site is not yet available on the web (it won't be until the domain transfer happens) I can't use that so what records do I need to change in the DB manually to:

a) close the forum
    b) insert a reason why message

btw, I'm pretty experienced with SQL so I don't have any problem there, just let me know what the tables and/or columns are.

Thanks,
    Michael.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X