DB changes for closed forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DB changes for closed forum?

I'm moving my forum to a new host and I already have everything (forum, DB etc) all sitting and waiting ready for the domain transfer at the new place but when the domain transfer happens I want the forum to be "closed" with a message saying something like "please be patient whilst the latest database backup is restored".

I know you can do that from the Admin CP but since the site is not yet available on the web (it won't be until the domain transfer happens) I can't use that so what records do I need to change in the DB manually to:

a) close the forum
    b) insert a reason why message

btw, I'm pretty experienced with SQL so I don't have any problem there, just let me know what the tables and/or columns are.

Thanks,
    Michael.

Just access the Admin CP via the IP address. Here is the query to turn your forums off, assuming you are running vB2:

UPDATE template SET template=CONCAT(template,'\n\$bbactive = 0;\n') WHERE title='options';:

To change the closed meszsage:

SELECT * FROM template WHERE title='options'

Then edit $bbclosedreason.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks Steve - that's extremely helpful

I can't access the Admin CP via IP address because it's shared hosting. There may be a way to view the site in a browser before the domain transfer comes through, I've asked my host about it but just in case I'll close it manually.

Michael.

Comment

If your using cpanel, most hosts have it setup so

http://ip/~username

Comment

My host uses Plesk, not cpanel.
          Michael.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X