48,000 posts and a 75Mb DB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 48,000 posts and a 75Mb DB

My forum has roughly 48,000 posts so I was shocked to see that the size of the DB was already at roughly 75Mb . I've read elsewhere that a rule of thumb is 100Mb for 100,000 posts. Unless there's a lot of "ramp up" then I don't see how I'm going to stay anywhere near 100Mb with another 52,000 posts!

What most amazed me was that the post table was about 27Mb in size but the searchindex table was even bigger at 29Mb ! I'm using the default search word sizes (min 4, max 20). Is there any way to significantly reduce the size of the searchindex table without increasing the minimum word size?

Does the searchindex table stop growing so rapidly as the forum grows?

Michael.

Originally posted by michaelab
    Is there any way to significantly reduce the size of the searchindex table without increasing the minimum word size?
    Not really. And the searchindex table will grow in proportion to the new posts.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Remember that if you're using the post cache feature, it will be roughly twice the size.
      TheologyWeb. We debate theology. srsly.

Comment

vB2 didnt have this feature that i was aware of.

However that rule of thumb thats for posts alone, that doesnt include searchindex or attachments

Comment

vB2 didnt have this feature that i was aware of.
          Oops, my bad. I thought this was the vb3 forum...
          TheologyWeb. We debate theology. srsly.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X