Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posts not displaying after moving DB

Hello,

I'm in the process of switching web hosters and I'm moving my board now. I had to backup the database in stages to get a complete backup because my previous hosting service wouldn't assist. I uploaded all of the files to my new hosting service and they loaded the files for me. I can get into the forum and it displays the threads. However, alot of the threads don't show the actual posts. A couple of threads will display the post but most won't. If a thread has a poll, I can see the results of the poll but not the posts. I've run repair on both thread and post tables.

Any assistance would be appreciated. Both hosting services are running MySQL 4.0.18.

Unfortunately it sounds like all the tables weren't completely restored. Did you check the post table? How many rows does it have? Which version of vB are you running and how many vB tables do you now have?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I have 40 tables in the new database. I had 40 on the other site as well. I can actually browse the table on the new server to see the data. It has over 100,000 rows in the post table. I'm using VB 2.3.0

Comment

It sounds like all the data is there. However if each table was backed up and restored correctly then you shouldn't have this problem.

If you have not installed any hacks, fill out a support ticket at:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/mem...ontactform.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP. If you have installed hacks, then remove the hacks first then check and see if you still have this problem. If so, leave the default vB files in place and fill out the support request.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Hi Steve, thanks for the assistance. I dropped the table and recreated and reloaded and it worked. I can't explain it but it works great now. I was able to do it myself since my new hosting service provides ssh access.

Thanks again.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X