Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HELP] Need Old Posts

Hi,

I tried to upgrade my vBulletin to 2.3.5 and save all of my current posts so I saved the sql database in the forums. I deleted the /forums folder and uploaded 2.3.5 and used the same database but it completely installed a new forums and all of my posts have been erased. I was wondering since i saved the sql from vB control panel is there anyway I can upload it so I can get all of my posts back?

Can someone please help me?

Comment

Sorry i must have missed your post elier and i appologize

To restore a database you can try to import from phpmyadmin or resotre via SSH/Telnet http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/m...ervers_restore

SSH / telnet is your best option.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
        Sorry i must have missed your post elier and i appologize

To restore a database you can try to import from phpmyadmin or resotre via SSH/Telnet http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/m...ervers_restore

SSH / telnet is your best option.
        Is there a way you can restore it through CPanel? If so can you tell me how please thanks.

Comment

Cpanel is limited to the same restrictions that phpmyadmin is.

You can try to contact your host and ask them to preform the restore.

Comment

You run that from the shell and you do this by logging in with telnet or ssh.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...09&postcount=7
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Man, I dont understand this stuff. Can a staff member go on AIM and Ill tell them my username / pw and they can do it for me?

Comment

You can order the Professional Upgrade service from within the Members Area.
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

It tells me to type:

mysql –uUSERNAME –p NEWDBNAME < /PATH/TO/NEW/DUMP.SQL

Do I type it exactly like that? And where it says PATH/TO/NEW what do i type there? Whree my file is located on the internet or on my computer?

Comment

220 ProFTPD 1.2.9 Server (ProFTPD) [guernsey.globat.com]
                    ftp www.draftstudio.com
                    500 FTP not understood

It tells me to type that but when I do it says 500 FTP not understood. Anyone knows why its not working?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X