[RELEASE vb2B2] NewsFader 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, sure.
    Use any color in hexa format to fit your needs. Ie #ffffff or #003366 etc.

Comment

wowsers...It looks incredible!

Comment

hmmmmmm....I use vB 2.0 beta 1 ...any reason why it doesn't work there ?? ..like..where do I add news?, and also, when I check the option to view the fader in my prefs, it keeps unchecking, so there is just the vbtitle showing on the index ...

Comment

Read the first post where stands vBulletin Beta 2 as supported version.

Why are you running Beta 1?

Comment

Hi Pef,

Your hack is incredible. I really like it. It does however not allow the PM popup to work. Actually any other javascript will not run with the fader. Any suggestions, or are you going to wait until the final to see what this might be?

Running RC2
            Thank You.

Comment

I'll wait till final version. I'll try to make News Fader in Flash as well (of course, a source code will be available to download).

Comment

Well that is nice Pef. Work well done already.
                Looking forward to your new work.

Thank You.

Comment

does it work on vb2 rc2 ?

Comment

Originally posted by adrianmak
                    does it work on vb2 rc2 ?
                    It works but, as has been pointed out, it keeps some other javascripts from executing
                    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

wow!

looks very well!

works perfectly in my board!

Comment

I got a little problem with installing the newsfader...

I followed the entire readme, but something is wrong with the manual (which I doubt) or something is different in my template...

I'm on step 6:

6. Edit modifyoptions template

* Find:

<tr bgcolor="{secondaltcolor}">
                        <TD><normalfont><b>Pop up a box when you receive a Private Message?</b></normalfont><br>
                        <smallfont>This will pop up a small warning box when you receive a Private Message asking whether you want to view the message.</smallfont></TD>
                        <TD valign=top><normalfont><INPUT TYPE="RADIO" NAME="pmpopup" $pmpopupchecked VALUE="yes">
                        yes <INPUT TYPE="RADIO" NAME="pmpopup" $pmpopupnotchecked VALUE="no"> no</normalfont></TD>
                        </tr>

* Under it place:

<tr bgcolor="{firstaltcolor}">
                        <TD valign=top><normalfont><B>Show News Fader?</b><br>
                        <smallfont>Clicking yes shows News Fader on the main page.</smallfont>
                        </normalfont></TD>
                        <TD valign=top><normalfont><INPUT TYPE="RADIO" NAME="newsfader" VALUE="no" $newsfadernotchecked> yes <INPUT TYPE="RADIO" NAME="newsfader" VALUE="yes" $newsfaderchecked>
                        no</normalfont></TD>
                        </TR>
                        But....

The only part I can find that looks like it is this part in the modifyoptions template:

<td bgcolor="{firstaltcolor}"><normalfont><b>Pop up a box when you receive a Private Message?</b></normalfont><br>
                        <smallfont>This will pop up a small warning box when you receive a Private Message asking whether you want to view the message.</smallfont></td>
                        <td bgcolor="{firstaltcolor}"><normalfont>
                        <input type="radio" name="pmpopup" $pmpopupchecked value="yes"> yes
                        <input type="radio" name="pmpopup" $pmpopupnotchecked value="no"> no
                        </normalfont></td></tr>
                        I found it under User Option Templates

Why can't I find it?!?
                        Or am I doning something wrong?!?

Comment

News Fader hack has been written for Beta 2 as mentioned in the first post. And as already said, I'll make a rewrite as soon as the final version hits the shelves.

Comment

Hey pef m8

any idea why it wont display on v2 final I've had it running great on all the other versions?

Comment

might be an awfully stupid question, but I have to ask, I have now installed it on RC3...shows up and looks nice and all that, but heh...where can I add those nice news ??

Comment

Pef said that he will be releasing a new version for the final. I'm quite sure that he is aware of the final being released. Patience is a virtue.

TwiZteR -

You add the news to the news template that you created.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X