getting rid of the "moved to" for threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting rid of the "moved to" for threads

I got a question. I was moving a lot of threads around and on one I didn't change the option to "Move Thread" from "Move Thread & leave a redirect". I would like to get rid of that redirect now, and I can't figure out how to do it. The link takes you directly to the moved thread, so there doesn't seem to be any way to get rid of that link. Any ideas?

Thanks!

I used prune to delete it.
    CP- prune - by user - select thread- done.
    Anyway, I don't like to have this ""Move Thread & leave a redirect". where can I disable this?

Jisung

Comment

disabling it

I don't think you can disable it, but why would you want to? It's one of three options. You can change the default by editing the threads_move template. Find this:
      Code:
      <input type="radio" name="method" value="move"> Move thread<br>
      <input type="radio" name="method" value="movered" checked> Move thread and leave redirect in previous forum<br>
      and replace it with this:
      Code:
      <input type="radio" name="method" value="move" checked> Move thread<br>
      <input type="radio" name="method" value="movered"> Move thread and leave redirect in previous forum<br>
      That way, the option to move without a redirect is always the default, so you don't have to remember to change it. (This is sort of disabling it...)

Before I forget, did doing what you said delete the thread itself or just the redirect to it?

Thanks for your help, and I hope the above helps you.
      Last edited by tubedogg; Mon 26 Feb '01, 8:24pm.

Comment

Update

I copied the thread to a separate forum before trying to prune or delete it. I couldn't figure out how to prune by username without only deleting the posts that user had made, so I deleted the thread outright. It got rid of the redirect, and it got rid of the thread itself too (luckily I had a copy of it to move back into the right forum). Oh well. I changed my threads_move template, so it shouldn't be a problem in the future. Thanks

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X