Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how do i stop backdoor password programs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do i stop backdoor password programs?

there's this kid that can get access to the ACP even if he's a regular member. he has some program that forces it's way into it. he wouldn't disclose the program.

he's done nothing harmful, and i doubt he will, but i wanted to see if there was a way to stop it from happening anyway.

There are no backdoors into the Admin CP and if you are running the latest version (2.3.5) there are no known security holes. Here's some things you can do to increase the level of security for your forums:

1. Upgrade to the latest version.
    2. Do not install any hacks
    3. Password protect your Admin and Mod CPs: http://www.javascriptkit.com/howto/htaccess.shtml
    4. Make sure the getadmin.php file is NOWHERE on your website
    5. If you have phpMyAdmin make sure it's password protected.
    6. Also ask your host to change the login password for your account
    7. Change all your Admin and Mod passwords.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Make sure your admins and mods have different passwords for thier email accounts, your forum, and other forum. Having them change thier password on your board wont matter much if they can simply retrieve it using thier email.

Also, make sure there aren't any 'hidden' admins... admin aliases created by your user so he can get back in.
      Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X