I screwed up big time! Purged my board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I screwed up big time! Purged my board

Ok I need help, Here's the deal, I was attempting to purge one of my fourms and I forgot to select that forum on the purge page ( Not a real good default - ALL ) but I relized what I had done after about 45 seconds.. and stopped the page, What I need to know now is in what order does the purge happen? Forum by forum or Thread by thread. Was there a log created anywhere that I can look at? Does it start at the oldest and work to the newest? Somehow I need to determine what I lost and go back to my backups and recover the data. Also does anyone have any hints on how to do that?

This does highlight a useability issue with this function, first it should not default to --all-- it should be either the forum that it was called from or --none--. Also it would have been real nice if it had given me a warning that I was about to pemedently purge data from the following fourms, and then list the fourms with the parameters that were going to be used ( ie: all posts will be deleted ) ...

Just a thought in reflection ...

Any help anyone can provide , I will be greatful

Kevin

Disregard My request for the order in which the posts are purged, as it turns out the purge never stopped even though I stopped the page that was running it ... I've lost all of the posts on my Site...

I will need to restore from backups. Let's see if that default can be changed so others do not have this same issue going forward.. I know I'll never do this again ...

Kevin
    Last edited by recumbent615; Sat 27 Mar '04, 8:58am.

Comment

Working...
    X