Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• major problems with some accounts

I'm getting complaints like this from a few people

my account has been all messed up since yesterday, it added all users to my buddylist and ignore list and gives me this error (Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 42 bytes) in /home/virtual/site3/fst/var/www/html/forums/admin/db_mysql.php on line 154

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 11 bytes) in Unknown on line 0) if you could help me fix this that would be great
    anyone know what this is?

Thanx

I went into this account and checked things out. I also get this error when I click on the edit ignore list

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 3840 bytes) in /home/virtual/site3/fst/var/www/html/forums/member2.php(127) : eval()'d code on line 1

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 32 bytes) in Unknown on line 0

and this error when I click on edit buddy list

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 3840 bytes) in /home/virtual/site3/fst/var/www/html/forums/member2.php(127) : eval()'d code on line 1

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 0 bytes) in Unknown on line 0

Comment

The server's php.ini is not configured with enough memory to complete this opreation. You or your host will need to increase the memory limit:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...ed+memory+size
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

what size? why would an account all of a sudden have 1000's people on it's buddy list? I don't think it's just a memory thing. Something went wrong with this account. I've looked at it, there's probably 2000 people on his buddylist

Comment

The error you cited is a memory error and this requires editing the php.ini file.

However suddenly having all these members in your buddy list is a different matter entirely. I've never heard of a vB spontaneuosly doing something like this before.

Which version are you running? Upgrade or fresh install? Have you installed any hacks or added any code to the headinclude, header or phpinclude templates?
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Working...
          X