Any suggestions for a "Successful" launch of a forum site? >>

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any suggestions for a "Successful" launch of a forum site? >>

I am very close to opening my forum site, finally, and was wondering if anyone could give me advice for a successful launch.

Should I create some initial "dummy" users so the first person that does visit doesn't feel like it's an empty site?

I was also thinking of starting a thread that can cause some debate to get things going.

Any other ideas?

Thanks again everyone.
    -Hideki
    AnesthesiaForums Administrator
    www.anesthesiaforums.com - Online Community for Anesthesia, Respiratory and Critical Care Professionals.

http://vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=9277

There, you will find some useful info. And I think you should have posted it under chit chat.

Comment

Never new about the Chit Chat section.
      Thanks for the link though.
      AnesthesiaForums Administrator
      www.anesthesiaforums.com - Online Community for Anesthesia, Respiratory and Critical Care Professionals.

Comment

With version 2 you can take advantage of co-branding. you can invite other webmasters if sites similar to yours to join forces with you and use your co-branded forum on their site. Other webmasters will then help promote it as well with their own newsletters, links ect.

Having 2 , 3 or more sites use the same forum will sure help bring new users and new posts.
        'beta tester'

Comment

11 Hints and Tips to Promote your New Community. Read about this and more in the "Dot Com Survival Kit at SitePoint.

All of those tips have been previously mentioned here in these forums. I have re-written them to make them more generic.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

i added a few of my tips based on starting a forum without a website backing it.
            Christopher Padfield
            Web Based Helpdesk
            DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

Comment

My board is still almost empty.

What I have been trying to do was e-mail other empty-board owners and tell them "Your board is empty so does mine. Let's help each other. I will post on your board often. And in exchange , You post on my board often." I got about 5 loyal members with this way...

Comment

Working...
              X