Change Admins but retain posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change Admins but retain posts

My wife has been the admin of a forum for over 1 and 1/2 years. she feels it's now time to move on but wants to keep here username. We have someone who is going to take over.

How can I create a new account for her and have all of here 'admin' post show up as her new account post.

If it is as simple as changing the userid in the post table that would be great, but I don't fully understand the database scheme to just jump in and do it.

I'm faimilair with sql so I just need to know what needs to be changed/updated.

Thanks for any help!

Todd
    Last edited by todd222222; Thu 25 Mar '04, 11:46am. Reason: correct misspelling

Unfortunately this is not as easy as changing the userid in the user table. You would need to run queries to update several tables that use userids.

My recommendation is that you upgrade to vB3 which has a "merge user" feature.

Comment

Sorry, I may not fully understand, but can't you just create the new Administrator account, and then downgrade your wife's account from Administrator to Registered?

I always thought it was that simple? All within the AdminCP.

David

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X