• Show
Clear All

• Final REquest for help -> Glitches in PM imports :(

Heya Team Members,

Just last glitch left now
    as u mite have read, about my LONG process of conversion from ipb 1.3 to vb
    And. i am not able to utilize my brains anY more fixing that

Here is the prob.
    All the member pms, stored in there send messages folder are appearing as send to themselves.

I re-installed my forums, on a clean ipb without any hacks, cleaned the entire db manually..

Imported the Data from this clean db.. all the mods, were SUCCESSFULLY REMOVED
    Just send pms, in send message box are screwed badly.. for each and every member..

I am JUST hung for this fix now....

What can u recommend.. me ?
    any hint, tip or resolution.. will be making me FINALY THE HAPPIEST here

Regards,
    Sandy...
    TechArena - TechArena Community - News - Download - Video - Guide - Review

Originally posted by SaN-DeeP
    Heya Team Members,

Just last glitch left now
    as u mite have read, about my LONG process of conversion from ipb 1.3 to vb
    And. i am not able to utilize my brains anY more fixing that

Here is the prob.
    All the member pms, stored in there send messages folder are appearing as send to themselves.

I re-installed my forums, on a clean ipb without any hacks, cleaned the entire db manually..

Imported the Data from this clean db.. all the mods, were SUCCESSFULLY REMOVED
    Just send pms, in send message box are screwed badly.. for each and every member..

I am JUST hung for this fix now....

What can u recommend.. me ?
    any hint, tip or resolution.. will be making me FINALY THE HAPPIEST here

Regards,
    Sandy...
    after how much time should i bump the topics ?
    appx. 12 hours are over.
    help pleaese

Comment

Is this from the IPB to vB2 import script? As we have noted our scripts are designed to work with unhacked databases and yours originally was highly hacked.

If you think you have removed all the hacks from your IPB database, then fill out a support ticket at:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/mem...ontactform.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin, FTP and your IPB database info.

However if the IPB database is still hacked we cannot guarantee that our import script will work.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

The current database is non-hacked.
        100% fresh db.. i am starting a new support ticket as recommended by you..

thnx dear.
        Sandy...

Comment

So its just who sent the PM's left to sort out ?
          I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry
            So its just who sent the PM's left to sort out ?
            Jerry yeah

and multiple quotes.. if that can be fixed too alongwith this. would be cool.
            i tried using quotefix.php from here -> http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...9&postcount=14

but this prob -> http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...5&postcount=27

so. multiple quotes aint that important.. but if u can help on that its really gonna be cool for me, instead of going and editing posts manually.

MOST IMPORTANT THING BEING
            tHE PM glitch only

Sandy...

Comment

I wouldn't edit that manually it would take a while, though it is a comon problem with the parser that is used on the vB2 importer, hence the re-write for the vB3 one.

As for the PM's, its going to be very difficult to sort that now that the import is done. Are you using the new board and do you still have the IPB board ?

I'll run your IPB site through the IPB -> vB3 import on a dev machine if you like, but I can't give you the importer itself.
              I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

hi jerry,
                tnx for being soo quick highly appreciated
                i have opened a support ticket for my problem, and left details for accessing my server.
                please check it.

if u need something more let me know about it.
                currently this is a new test i have made. last week
                new invision without any hacks. -> working perfect
                new vb 2.3.x (imported all the info from non-hacked ipb above) .
                this is having probs with multiquotes and the pm..

i have send my login password too alongwith.
                u can check my send pm folders and edit the password for any other members.. and also check there pm folders

all of them are having problems.

If you are able to fix the problem. on ur dev. machine.
                I will give u copy of my CURRENT LIVE FORUMS. and take it down immediately.

But please confirm, to me if its working before i take the FORUMS down

Regards,
                Sandy....

Comment

Probally best that I take a copy, fix it with the vB3 importer then we can plan a migration.
                  I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Probally best that I take a copy, fix it with the vB3 importer then we can plan a migration.
                    great..
                    check the details. for admin access to my forums in the support ticket i have opened
                    If something else needed apart from that let me know

Jerry is a sweetheart

Sandy...

Comment

great..
                      check the details. for admin access to my forums in the support ticket i have opened
                      If something else needed apart from that let me know

Jerry is a sweetheart

Sandy...
                      Hi Jerry,
                      just doing some research on my own i found a problem in the import script itself. i guess

on line 894 select statement
                      WHERE touser.importuserid=member_id (This Statement is Wrong.)

WHERE touser.importuserid=recipient_id

working again with the scripts let me check if what i guess. is right

Sandy...

Comment

Hi Jerry,
                        just doing some research on my own i found a problem in the import script itself. i guess

on line 894 select statement
                        WHERE touser.importuserid=member_id (This Statement is Wrong.)

WHERE touser.importuserid=recipient_id

working again with the scripts let me check if what i guess. is right

Sandy...
                        well i was right VBULLETIN iNVISION Converstion import script has a problem.
                        i resolved it above way..

Still i got a few cosmetic bugs, listed on my board..
                        with quotes, if that can be fixed..
                        please let me know.

Comment

That will take a reparse of the posts with some decent regex, I'll be working on you board soon.
                          I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

That will take a reparse of the posts with some decent regex, I'll be working on you board soon.
                            please m8.
                            that would be big help from the vb team to me

kindly appreciated.

Sandy...

Comment

now this makes me a bit unhappy

ITs almost like 4 days passed for me.. opening this thread
                              and also opening a support ticket.
                              But havent yet resolved my problem.

I have been waiting since 20+ days to upgrade my forums. but cant do that.

If The questions are too tough, or cant be supported.
                              due to ....

Please confirm to me asap..
                              I will have to buy TECH-SUPPORT from outside to fix them..

I need to upgrade from ipb 1.3 to vbb 3.0 - 1 day appx.
                              Install A cms. - 2 days
                              DO some testing - 1 day appx.
                              I have gotta upgrade to OWNED LICENSE. and i only have 9 days left with me.. If my sponsorers are happy. they will buy me a owned license.

and 5 days it too less time to make them happy for this.
                              So., if the problems are resolved. as the support ticket says i would be glad

Its around 1:00 AM here late nite
                              And i need to take a nap now

Please help me, I have submitted all the details to my boards, in the support ticket.
                              if not possible, just leave me a message here that It cant be helped

Thnx.
                              Sandy...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X