• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it OK to update my forums

hi,
    does 2.0.0 have any problems??
    or is it OK to update my forums??

I've been having a lot of problems with it, lost all of my 150 registered members, some people say it's seamless.....those are probably people who know PHP and mySQL like the back of their hand.......I'm a newbie, so I have problems, heh..maybe a developer or someone reading this can help me with my problem...

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...?threadid=9786

Comment

It is seemless -- all you have to do is click "next step" a bunch of times.... and edit your templates

Crystallized--
      A developer already answered your question and told you the only solution to your problem. Additionally, all your other problems were caused by not having ALTER permissions.

Comment

?

i have more than 220 members .... i do not want lost every thing...
        ubdate or not??
        now i have

Comment

You shouldn't lose anything as long as you keep your most recent backup of database.

Create a new database with the most recent backup and play around it. When you are sure you can do it on the active forum , the time has come

Comment

I have 4200 members and almost 100,000 posts. It was seamless. Running the upgrade script doesn't require extensive knowledge of MySQL and requires no knowledge of PHP.

You do need to have the proper permissions on your database and the specifics for logging into it. If you know how to backup and restore your database that is an added bonus.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

I had a backup before I upgraded but I didn't experience ANY problems at all during the process.
              And I have to say my 1.1.5 board was completely hacked.
              * Polls
              * Private Messaging
              * Image Gallery
              * BFC WebLog
              * Gender Hack
              * News Fader
              * Multilanguage Hack (Beta)
              * Sound when a new PM recieved with a user option to enable / disable sound.

After the upgrade I dropped some useless tables from the db. That's all.

A backup of your db is always good idea.
              Good thread about this can be found just here:
              http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...&threadid=2199

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X