I will try it asap.

Thanks again

Michel

Leave a comment:

• George L
    replied
    Originally posted by Mireade
    Thank you Eva.

I tried to gather the required information in the attached txt.

I don't think that the actual mysql data files are 'touched' by anything else than by the server itself.
    The whole database is about 1 Go

Thank you for your time.

Michel
    try upgrading to MySQL 4.0.24 and then changing your /etc/my.cnf to below and restarting mysql server

[mysqld]
    skip-locking
    back_log = 50
    skip-innodb
    max_connections = 650
    key_buffer = 16M
    myisam_sort_buffer_size = 64M
    join_buffer_size = 1M
    read_buffer_size = 1M
    sort_buffer_size = 2M
    table_cache = 1800
    thread_cache_size = 64
    wait_timeout = 1800
    connect_timeout = 10
    tmp_table_size = 32M
    read_rnd_buffer_size = 524288
    bulk_insert_buffer_size = 8M
    max_allowed_packet = 16M
    max_connect_errors = 10
    query_cache_limit = 1M
    query_cache_size = 32M
    query_cache_type = 1
    query_prealloc_size = 16384
    query_alloc_block_size = 16384

[mysqld_safe]
    open_files_limit = 8192

[mysqldump]
    quick
    max_allowed_packet = 16M

[myisamchk]
    key_buffer = 64M
    sort_buffer = 64M
    read_buffer = 16M
    write_buffer = 16M

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    I really can't say. That depends on the server.

Leave a comment:

• LostOnline
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol
    I would use the function in the Admin CP to empty the search index first, then rebuild it.
    Thanks. How long do you think it is going to take for that many threads & posts?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    I would use the function in the Admin CP to empty the search index first, then rebuild it.

Leave a comment:

• LostOnline
    replied
    I had a related question..running v.2.34 with about 17,000 threads and about 183,000 posts..I emptied the search index table (130MB) a couple of days ago to move servers faster...now the current search index already has indexed the posts over the last 2 days....but I wanna go back and rebuild it for all the threads I have..my question is: since I know that the last 100 threads (over the last 2 days) have already been taken care of ...and I need the indexing of the first 16,900 threads ONLY...should I still empty the search index table before starting the rebuilding from the CP panel? since the last 100 threads are already in there so to speak..

Also, when I moved I only emptied the search index table, not the word table...does that matter? The messageboard is now functioning OK, but I have disabled the search function for the moment..

Thanks for your help!

Leave a comment:

• Mireade
    replied
    Originally posted by eva2000
    what version of vB ? no it isn't normal that databases become corrupted for no reason.. can you provide some info asked at http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70117

are you backing up your forum with something that touches the actual mysql data files *.myd, *.myi, *.frm ? how large is your total database ?
    Thank you Eva.

I tried to gather the required information in the attached txt.

I don't think that the actual mysql data files are 'touched' by anything else than by the server itself.
    The whole database is about 1 Go

Thank you for your time.

Michel
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• George L
    replied
    Originally posted by Mireade
    I had the same issue and this thread could help me very much. I just add that the optimize function of phpmyadmin (applied on the searchindex, search and word tables) had the same result as repair.php
    In my case, at the moment the php.ini entry : max_execution_time is still at 30. The script is still running
    Thanks to all of you

I have a question though :
    my searchindex table is over 500 Mo large is it not too big anyway ? Is it necssary to archive the forum ? My hosting admin tells me it is normal that the database becomes corrupted...
    What is your advice ? (the dedicated server runs on a singl P4 2,4 Ghz with 1 gig ram.)

Michel
    what version of vB ? no it isn't normal that databases become corrupted for no reason.. can you provide some info asked at http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70117

are you backing up your forum with something that touches the actual mysql data files *.myd, *.myi, *.frm ? how large is your total database ?

Leave a comment:

• Mireade
    replied
    I had the same issue and this thread could help me very much. I just add that the optimize function of phpmyadmin (applied on the searchindex, search and word tables) had the same result as repair.php
    In my case, at the moment the php.ini entry : max_execution_time is still at 30. The script is still running
    Thanks to all of you

I have a question though :
    my searchindex table is over 500 Mo large is it not too big anyway ? Is it necssary to archive the forum ? My hosting admin tells me it is normal that the database becomes corrupted...
    What is your advice ? (the dedicated server runs on a singl P4 2,4 Ghz with 1 gig ram.)

Michel
    Last edited by Mireade; Tue 10 May '05, 12:45am.

Leave a comment:

• Still Waters
    replied
    I uploaded and ran repair.php, 3 times. Each time, the screen displayed "OK" for every table (except the sessions table, as you mentioned). I am now able to fully index the search engine, without the script interrupting.

Thank you, to Steve and Zachery.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    upload the repair.php to your admin folder, from your extras folder and point your browser at it, it should give you instructions, run it a few times, all tables shoudl check back on but the session table

Leave a comment:

• Still Waters
    replied
    Bumping.

As I mentioned, above, I don't have the option "Repair/Optimize" in the admin cp (version vB 2.3.4). Please provide alternate instructions?

Leave a comment:

• Still Waters
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol
    Run Repair/Optimize in the Admin CP:

Admin CP -> Import & Maintenance -> Repair/Optimize Tables -> Check All -> Continue
    I don't have that option (Repair/Optimize Tables) in my admin cp.

Under "Import & Maintenance," I have the following three options, only:
    • Back-up Database
    • BB Import Systems
    • Update Counters
    What to do?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Hmmm...maybe there's a problem with the database. Run Repair/Optimize in the Admin CP:

Admin CP -> Import & Maintenance -> Repair/Optimize Tables -> Check All -> Continue

Then empty the search index and try again.

Leave a comment:

• Still Waters
    replied
    Changing the max_execution_time variable did not solve the problem

Thanks for your input, cirisme. After another round of question-and-answer, they agreed to increase the max_execution_time variable to 90. So, I don't have to worry about giving them admin access, after all.

Here's an update.

(1) The max_execution_time variable is now 90.

(2) I tried to rebuild the search index (with default settings) and experienced the exact same problem, as before. The script would process only the first 65 posts.

(3) I tried to rebuild the search index (with customized setting... Number of threads to do per cycle = 1). The script worked without interruption, except whenever it encountered a thread that was greater than 65 posts in length. For those very long threads, only the first 65 posts would be indexed and then the script would simply stop. After each interruption, I would start the script at the next thread number (and Number of threads to do per cycle = 1). I continued this way, until the script displayed a message stating it was done.

Therefore, my index is not complete.

Any additional ideas to troubleshoot this?

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X