• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Rebuilding the Search Index

I have a problem that sounds similar to these two threads:
    - http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93133
    - http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94351

I emptied my search index. Upon trying to rebuild it, my admin cp browser displays the first 65 posts, and then simply stops. No additional messages are displayed.

I'm running vB 2.3.4.
    The only hacked php files are user.php and index.php
    1. URL of your forums = www.communityonthe.net/board/
    2. PHP version = 4.3.4
    3. MySQL version = 4.0.17
    4. Apache/webserver version = Apache (where is version listed in phpinfo?)
    5. Server operating system = Linux
    6. Any error message you are getting = none
    Thanks,
    Still Waters

Try restaring the rebuild at post 66 .

Rebuild Search index -
    Number of threads to do per cycle 100
    threadnumber to start at 66
    humber of threads to process 0
    Js redirect yes

Comment

Thanks for jumping in.

I tried doing that. But after a few cycles, I hit a thread with more than 65 posts. Therefore, that thread can't be completely indexed. Besides, in the long-run, rebuilding the search index thread-by-thread can't be the answer, as that's just not practical.

Please, other ideas?
      Thanks,
      Still Waters

Comment

Very weird, May i ask why your rebuilding the index?

This sounds like a host issue like the scritp has gone past its max execution time

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
          May i ask why your rebuilding the index?
          The index was set with minimum word size of 4, and maximum word size of 20. I want to change those settings.

Originally posted by Zachery
          This sounds like a host issue like the scritp has gone past its max execution time
          Does that seem plausible, given that each set of 65 posts is taking about 1 second to process?
          Thanks,
          Still Waters

Comment

Yes, it stills sounds like a server issue.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks for jumping in, Steve. How do I phrase my problem (request for assistance) to my web host, so that they understand the situation and I don't sound like an ISP-challenged customer? Thanks.
              Thanks,
              Still Waters

Comment

I wish I knew. Upload the phpinfo.php file from the 'extras' directory of the zip file to your forums directory. Then post the URL here. This will help us troubleshoot the problem.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                  Upload the phpinfo.php file from the 'extras' directory of the zip file to your forums directory. Then post the URL here.
                  Steve, the phpinfo contains "sensitive-looking" information, such as the following (where I replaced number strings with x). What should I do? Thanks.

bblastvisit=x; vbcodemode=x; bbuserid=x;
                  bbpassword=x;
                  sessionhash=x; bbadminon=x
                  Thanks,
                  Still Waters

Comment

Problem with rebuilding the search index

Bumping.

Steve, as mentioned above, the phpinfo contains "sensitive-looking" information. Therefore, I'm concerned about posting this publicly. Is this information not "sensitive" and my concern is misplaced?

How should I proceed? Thanks.
                    Thanks,
                    Still Waters

Comment

There shouldn't be anything sensitive in phpinfo. We ask for this all the time. If you are looking at the login details, then be aware that this info comes from the person accessing the page. You will see something diffent than I will.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Okay, here's the URL for phpinfo: http://www.communityonthe.net/phpinfo.php
                        Thanks,
                        Still Waters

Comment

Unfortunately that link results in a blank page.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

The link works fine for me, every time. Perhaps, you caught the server at a "bad" time? Please, try again?
                            Thanks,
                            Still Waters

Comment

Please try again

Bumping.
                              Thanks,
                              Still Waters

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X