phpBB 2.0.6 import script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phpBB 2.0.6 import script

I'm planning to go to vb3 Gold, but after reading that the phpBB importer isn't really final at the moment, I think I'm just going to go from phpBB 2.0.6 > vB 2.3.4 > vB 3 Gold.

I've looked in the member's area under Import Scripts, but I can't find any link which would allow me to download the phpBB > vB import script. Where can I find it?

TIA.
    Technology Reporter at the DailyGadget; Webmaster of PalmForums.org.

They seem to be missing at the moment. Fill out a support ticket at so we can send this to you:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/mem...t_priority.php
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks.

I keep on getting this error:
      Database error in vBulletin Control Panel 2.3.4:

Invalid SQL: SELECT * FROM ``.users LIMIT 25,25
      mysql error: Access denied for user: '[email protected]ip taken out/255.255.224.0' to database ''

mysql error number: 1044

Date: Saturday 20th of March 2004 07:28:50 PM
      Script: http://www.palmforums.org/forums/for...eprefix=phpbb_
      Referer: http://www.palmforums.org/forums/imp...ort_phpbb2.php
      Any ideas?

Comment

Your vB database user needs to have permission to access the phpBB database.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          Your vB database user needs to have permission to access the phpBB database.
          How would you do that? Sorry, I'm used to doing everything in the AdminCP and stuff, not installing and importing .

Comment

Does your host provide CPanel for your web site manager? It's easy to do this in the MySQL link in CPanel.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Does your host provide CPanel for your web site manager? It's easy to do this in the MySQL link in CPanel.
              They provide some propriatory panel...I have Dreamhost.

I'm the one who created the MySQL database and MySQL user.
              Last edited by edeab220; Sun 21 Mar '04, 3:10am.

Comment

If you know how to create a db user, then you should be able to assign the vB db user to the phpBB database. This is what you need to do for the import script to run.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

If you know how to create a db user, then you should be able to assign the vB db user to the phpBB database. This is what you need to do for the import script to run.
                  Would you do this in phpMyAdmin?

Comment

I don't know of anyway to do this in phpMyAdmin. You said you created a db user before. You should be able to assign db users to databases with the same tool you used for that.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I don't know of anyway to do this in phpMyAdmin. You said you created a db user before. You should be able to assign db users to databases with the same tool you used for that.
                      For some reason they don't allow a user on one db to access the other db.

I just tried the importer again. Before, it stopped me when it was importing the users (phpBB and vB were on the same db). Now when I try it again (had vB install on another db I created while phpBB was still on the other db), it stops me before I get to associating the users.

EDIT: Tried it again (for the sixth time ) with phpBB and vB sharing dbs. This time it let me import the users, but now it stops at step 5 because of the same error as original. I think it let me import users as I told it to do it one at a time, and that I need to see what had completed. Thankfully this site only has 9 users .
                      Last edited by edeab220; Mon 22 Mar '04, 1:05pm.

Comment

Same error? You mean this:

mysql error: Access denied for user: '[email protected]ip taken out/255.255.224.0' to database ''

If so, then I don't see how this is possible if both the phpBB and vB tables are in the same database.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Same error? You mean this:

If so, then I don't see how this is possible if both the phpBB and vB tables are in the same database.
                          Yup, that error.

I don't understand it either. I've tried everything I can think of (I really can't think of anything, actually ).

Is there anything I can give which would help someone decifer this weird problem? I need to get this up by March 29, and I don't have a lot of time during the day since I have school to go to and homework to do.

Comment

Fill out a support ticket at:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/mem...ontactform.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Fill out a support ticket at:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/mem...ontactform.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP.
                              I don't know what you did, but thank you .

Comment

Working...
                              X