Help!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!!!!!!!!

I'm in serious trouble, I ran the upgrade and didn't backup (on accident), when I run the upgrade now, it shows this:

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    vBulletin Upgrade Script

(Note: Please be patient as some parts of this may take quite some time.)

Creating private message table

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database. Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

HELP ME PLEASE, HOW DO I START OVER!?

what error message did you get (by email, or simply view the source of that error message)

Comment

I got the error message by email, and also by that, the upgrade stops when it says the above error

Comment

1 Question

It stops at that point, is there a way of starting over, and going again, because I ran the upgrade a little prematurely and the upgrade crashed, no it stops right there, is there any way of going back, and starting the upgrade fresh, because if I click "Next Step" button, it displays that message.

Comment

I get this for an email now:

Database error in vBulletin Upgrade: Invalid SQL: CREATE TABLE privatemessage (
          privatemessageid INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
          folderid SMALLINT NOT NULL,
          userid INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL,
          touserid INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL,
          fromuserid INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL,
          title CHAR(250) NOT NULL,
          message MEDIUMTEXT NOT NULL,
          dateline INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL,
          showsignature SMALLINT NOT NULL,
          iconid SMALLINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL,
          messageread SMALLINT NOT NULL,
          PRIMARY KEY (privatemessageid)
          )
          mysql error: Table 'privatemessage' already exists
          mysql error number: 1050
          Date: Sunday 25th of February 2001 03:14:55 AM
          Script: /forums/admin/upgrade1.php?step=2
          Referer:

Comment

do you have something like phpmyadmin on your account? if yes, check if the table privatemessage is complete.

second, did you have the private messaging hack installed before?

Comment

I have the old plain jane version 1.1.4, no hacks, no addon's, nothing....what's phpmyadmin?

Comment

is that error message you posted the mail that was sent you when you first got the error or when you tried again to run the upgrade?

Comment

When I first got the error, AND when I tried the upgrade again.....I can't get past this part, I don't know why

Comment

I think you simply need to drop the privatemessage table, however a more experienced vb2 user should comment before you do so

Comment

Thanks for your help then, hopefully someone else will reply...

Comment

i had the smae prob as him PLease help, i had over 8000 members iand i dont want then to sign up again please help pleas!!

Comment

Revert to a backup and begin again.

If you get that error again, *don't* run it again, but view the source of the page and you'll see the error in there.

Comment

How do I go about reverting back to the backup, I have no clue how.....

Please leave a detailed explaination on how to do it, thanks in advance...

Comment

It's been covered many many times here -- mysql -uuser -ppassword dbname < /path/to/your/dump.sql

/path/to/your/dump.sql is the file you created when you made a back up (most likely via mysqldump)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X