Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milly
    replied
    After changing the key_buffer varable to a higher number it seemed to have fixed.

Leave a comment:

• Milly
    replied
    When i try to dump the database through shell a few times it gave me this error.

./mysqldump: Error 5: Out of memory (Needed 6076256 bytes) when dumping table `attachment` at row: 31

You sualy a second time aroudn it worked fine.

Leave a comment:

• Milly
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol
    Error code 12: Cannot allocate memory

It would appear that the server does not have enough available memory to complete this operation.

Note also that you need free space equal to roughly 2.5-3 times the size of the table you are repairing in order for the operation to complete.
    The server has 1GB of Ram, I figure that woudl be more then enough to complete such operation.

When you say that i need free space 3 times the size of the table that needs to be fixed, where exactly do you mean that space should be alocated. It is a 40 gig drive. Any help is appreciated, i am quite new to this stuff so any guidance is appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Error code 12: Cannot allocate memory

It would appear that the server does not have enough available memory to complete this operation.

Note also that you need free space equal to roughly 2.5-3 times the size of the table you are repairing in order for the operation to complete.

Leave a comment:

• Milly
    replied
    Ok well if it is not enough space then tell me where is it that I need to increase the space?

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    well i typed perror 12 into my command line for mysql and thats what it gave me :/

Leave a comment:

• Milly
    replied
    Originally posted by Zachery
    I think,
    Error 12:
    Not enough space

So im guessing this is a server error, you should contact your host.
    It's a dedicated server. The attachements table is 470megs. Trust me I have enough space. Any other ideas? Maybe there is something else i should look at?

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    I think,
    Error 12:
    Not enough space

So im guessing this is a server error, you should contact your host.

Leave a comment:

• Milly
    started a topic Repair failing

Repair failing

Can anyone explain to me why when i try to run a repair on my attachment table i get this error.? No matter what I try it just won't budge.

using: MySql 4.0.17 and PHP 4.3.4

Table Op Msg_type Msg_text

web.attachment repair error 12 when fixing table
    web.attachment repair warning Number of rows changed from 31 to 4075
    web.attachment repair status OK

It seems to repair, but if i check the table right after it is still corrupted.

Thanx
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X