Ipb 1.3 -> vb 2.3.4 conversion freezes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ipb 1.3 -> vb 2.3.4 conversion freezes

I have started a Ipb 1.3 -> vb 2.3.4 conversion. It is smooth. I started to convert my members 50 at a time. The first 50 go quickly. then after like 10 in the next, it freezes. stops working. Whats wrong?!

EDIT: i just found that it freezes at one particular member! what should i do?!?!
    Last edited by VirusZero; Mon 15 Mar '04, 9:46pm.

There may be something wrong with that members data. Try repairing the IPB database prior to importing. If that doesn't work then does this member have anything unusual in his name or data?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Nothing unusual. This time it worked after lagging for maybe 3 minutes. I was overjoyed when the import was done. however, to my horror, over 50% of my members had 2-5 duplicate usernames. I went back to import again and poo. Stopped working again.

EDIT: It worked! however, once again, there are duplicate usernames! what is causing this and how do i fix it?
      Last edited by VirusZero; Mon 15 Mar '04, 10:34pm.

Comment

If you are running the import over again you will get duplicates. You can't do this. You need to clear the database then try running the import through just once.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

It seems to be that only members in groups other than the main member group, for example admin, mod, banned are getting duplicated. Very odd. I am clearing the database every time.

Comment

Hmmm...I've never heard of this problem before. If it happens again fill out a support ticket:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/support_form.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X