Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Today & Most Record Users Values Keeps Resetting!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today & Most Record Users Values Keeps Resetting!

I've had this problem for quite awhile and I can't seem to figure out why this all of a sudden started happening. These are the variables below:

$recordusers = $maxusers[0];
    $recorddate = vbdate($dateformat,$maxusers[1]);
    $recordtime = vbdate($timeformat,$maxusers[1]);

This problem started with 2.2.9 and i've since upgraded to 2.3.4, and the same thing is occuring. I can't seem to find where these values are being stored inside the database and there's no query (That I can see) to import these stored numbers in the forum/index.php.

I had been using a hack called "Today Online Users", which collects the total number of users who have visited the site on one day, but I removed this hack and to no prevail. The hack and the 2.2.9 code was working fine together for almost a year, and then out of the blue ... everything started resetting itself.

To answer your probable question, I did replace a copy of the index.php on the server with a un-touched version for a whole day, and the same situation occured. I would be greatful if someon can tell me where this data is being stored in the database so that I can work it out. If I am unsuccessful, I would appreciate if someone could analyze my index.php or whatever file(s) that the index.php passes this information to.

Regards,
    Rolodex
    Is it true that "Cannibals" don't eat Clowns because they taste funny? :eek:

Try running this query on your database. The hack might have messed up the structure of this template:

UPDATE template SET template='0 0' WHERE title='maxloggedin' AND templatesetid=-2

Backup first!

Comment

I just tried it, and the problem remains.

Comment

Are you running the default index.php file? You said you ran the default file for a day... did you reupload the hacked file?

You need to upload the default index.php file and then run the query to reset the maxloggedin template. The hack could be changing the format of the maxloggedin template again.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
          Are you running the default index.php file? You said you ran the default file for a day... did you reupload the hacked file?

You need to upload the default index.php file and then run the query to reset the maxloggedin template. The hack could be changing the format of the maxloggedin template again.
          I ran the unhacked index.php for a whole day, and also ran the query you suggested right after replacing the hacked version. The query did reset the two numbers successfully, but everytime someone logs out, the "most ever users online" count decreases. It only shows the number of people online atm, and that's all.

Does the PM system work here?

Comment

Have you tried rebuilding it? are you by chance running an old version of vBadvanced?

Comment

I don't know anything about vBadvanced ... what is it used for?

I'm right now trying to test to see if there's another hack (or something inside my database) that might be causing this problem. I'd show you the offending section of code, but I know it's against the rules here to display vb code.

I not a novice at analyzing program code, but the complexity of this board system can take quite sometime to figure out what's disableing this byte of code.

Comment

Originally posted by Rolodex
                I ran the unhacked index.php for a whole day, and also ran the query you suggested right after replacing the hacked version.
                That won't work if the hack is the problem. You need to:

1) Upload the unhacked file.

2) Run the query.

3) Do not upload the hacked file again.

Comment

I kinda figured that you misinterpret that line ... i'm still using the unhacked copy and the numbers are still resetting themselves. About vBadvanced, what does this program do?

Comment

Fill out a support ticket. Include the following info:

-forum URL and admin login
                    -URL and login for phpmyadmin (if you have it installed)
                    -permission to upload the original PHP files, overwriting the old files.

We will take a look.

Comment

Working...
                    X