Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URLs in posts open with mydomain.com/"linkdomain.com/"

Hey,
    A problem just started today with links in posts opening with my domain followed by the domain which is being linked to.
    Here is an example: http://www.hostingrefuge.com//"http://www.designerrefuge.com/"

I dont know why its doing that and I just noticed it today as a member posted about the problem.

Thanks
    John
    John Diver

Anyone able to help with this please?

Thanks
    John
    John Diver

Comment

This is usually due to either a hack, or some added code to the headinclude, header or phpinclude templates. If you have not modified any files or these templates, fill out a support ticket at:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/support_form.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP. If you have installed hacks, then remove the hacks first then check and see if you still have this problem. If so, leave the default vB files in place and fill out the support request.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Fyi

Uploading the original files fixed the problem.

Comment

Hey Jake,
          Thanks for checking the files.
          Can someone tell me what files could be causing this problem please?
          I have removed and added again about 5-7 hacks now and none seems to be effecting the problem at all.

Thanks
          John
          John Diver

Comment

Hmmm...didn't I mention that it was likely due to a hack or code change?

I have no idea what specific changes cause this.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Forget that..
              Its in the functions file.
              I cant think of any hacks I have added that I havent taken out now and the problem hasnt gone..
              If I find the problem I will post incase anyone else has the same thing
              John
              John Diver

Comment

Found the problem.
                I dont have ANY clue how this could have happened because no hacks have edited this code but here was the problem anyway...

In admin/functions.php the code:

return "<a href=..//%22$righturl/%22 target=\"_blank\">".str_replace('\"', '"', $hyperlink)."</a>";
                has to be

return "<a href=\"$righturl\" target=\"_blank\">".str_replace('\"', '"', $hyperlink)."</a>";
                Just incase anyone finds they get this problem in the future

John
                John Diver

Comment

Note, this is the default line in functions.php:

return "<a href=\"$righturl\" target=\"_blank\">".str_replace('\"', '"', $hyperlink)."</a>";

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X